Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i know this issue has been talked about but i need everyone with a cracked frame or who has had a cracked frame to follow these instructions, i have a crack in my frame as well. This issue started 2 years ago i drilled the cracks and took it very easy it has now spread. i called kawasaki and they said there is no recall on the bike except the front rim, i asked how to get a recall he said there has to be 300 cases i asked what the process was? he said each case has to call kawasaki (866) 802-9381 and then call nhtsa (888) 327-4236 and report the cracked frame after nhtsa has 300 reported cases they will then make kawasaki replace the frame at no cost to the customer. it will not matter if you were original owner or how you ride if you own a first generation zx10r you WILL GET A NEW FRAME........i called nhtsa and said i was the first to have reported this issue which is crazy considering all of the issues everyone is having. So please everyone please call kawasaki and nhtsa so that we can get a recall going.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Would be nice if both of you just called and reported the cracked frame. You just may get an extra frame out of it and maybe not but it may help some other brother down the line.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Would be nice if both of you just called and reported the cracked frame. You just may get an extra frame out of it and maybe not but it may help some other brother down the line.
I jumped through all the hoops when I found mine cracked. I'm in Canada and reported it to the proper authorities. They said I was the first one....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts