Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell. I’ve been building my gen1 10r for about a year not and I assembled the bike and up until today I haven’t had any issues with bike starting. I ran it for about an hour at idle last week but today it started then backfired and proceeded to shut down it started one more time with throttle but not for long maybe 5-10 seconds at very low rpm. I don’t hear it popping off almost like it lost spark. What can make it loose spark? Thank I’m advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hell. I’ve been building my gen1 10r for about a year not and I assembled the bike and up until today I haven’t had any issues with bike starting. I ran it for about an hour at idle last week but today it started then backfired and proceeded to shut down it started one more time with throttle but not for long maybe 5-10 seconds at very low rpm. I don’t hear it popping off almost like it lost spark. What can make it loose spark? Thank I’m advance.
I'm have the same issue, started the bike a few weeks ago and it was fine. Removed the battery and the bike set for about a week. I installed Block Off's, reinstalled the battery, and now it won't start. Checked all my connections and everything checked out good. My next step is the Fuel Pump. Do you hear your Fuel Pump prime? Are your spark plugs wet after trying to start? Looks like we're in the same boat. If I remedy my issue, I'll pass my findings on to you 👊🏾

·
Registered
281 Posts
You could have: bad coil plugs, bad spark plugs, bad battery or a good battery but a bad charging system. If it's none of those check the fuel amount pumped by the fuel pump on key turn (service minimum 72ml).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts