Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the width from bearing to bearing on a gen1 front and rear? i want to put the ohlins ,brembos and rims off my rsvr factory onto my gen 1.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
you need it from the outside of the bearings across right? ( i mean from the outside of the bearings on one side across to the outside of the other side) i'll have both my rims off in the next couple days and can get the info for you but why not just swap out the whole front end IF the neck is close to the same (you could swap out the trees,head bearings,etc....IF that would work?) and then it would just be a matter of spacing and the right axle/bearing combo in the rear.....right? sounds like a bada$$ setup though man. let me know and i'll try and get the info for you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I measured my spare set of wheels and it's 5 1/2 inches from the outside bearing edge to the same on the other side on the front wheel. With the spacers in place, the distance is 6 1/2 inches.

The rear is 8 inches bearing to bearing with the sprocket carrier in place. With the spacers, it's 9 1/8th inches across.

It should be nice to see those top quality parts on a bike that is a bit more worthy than the Ape. Post up some pics when you are done.

·
11,423 Posts
I measured my spare set of wheels and it's 5 1/2 inches from the outside bearing edge to the same on the other side on the front wheel. With the spacers in place, the distance is 6 1/2 inches.

The rear is 8 inches bearing to bearing with the sprocket carrier in place. With the spacers, it's 9 1/8th inches across.

It should be nice to see those top quality parts on a bike that is a bit more worthy than the Ape. Post up some pics when you are done.
:thumbsup:...nice work man, rep sent for looking out!!!! that's what this forum is all about.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are the shit! lol Tym10r you got me thinking of swapping all the compontents ....ive tore into motors and i can dial my suspension in but ive never swapped a front end. i got some home work to do, and she fits then the ape is getting zx-10 suspenders and rims and brakes and the 10 is getting ohlins,brembos,and oz rims.. ;), ill post a pic up of it in a few min so we can see the before and after

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
you guys are the shit! lol Tym10r you got me thinking of swapping all the compontents ....ive tore into motors and i can dial my suspension in but ive never swapped a front end. i got some home work to do, and she fits then the ape is getting zx-10 suspenders and rims and brakes and the 10 is getting ohlins,brembos,and oz rims.. ;), ill post a pic up of it in a few min so we can see the before and after
TMY is good peeps. :thumbsup: ingine Im sure you know this but be positive you get the front exactly right other wise you will end up with stiction issues in those forks.

·
11,423 Posts
You can do it!!!!!!! BUT.....see below:badteeth:

TMY is good peeps. :thumbsup: ingine Im sure you know this but be positive you get the front exactly right other wise you will end up with stiction issues in those forks.
and thanks or10r!!!!:eek:ccasion1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts