Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally lined em up, he started in 2nd and i started in 1st, idk why i short shifted to 2nd but you can see the low end torque those damn r1s make, but once i got rolling we stayed same distance apart, hopfully next time we can go from a higher roll and both start in 2nd and see what happens

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Something is wrong with that,what is your shift light set at.? In 13 seconds from
the time you started you should have been doing 180+

·
Registered
390 Posts
Good run bud - sorry to see an R1 getcha -but maybe better run next time - I gotta get some of my Gopro up on here. Im in Mexico Central Florida also - What part of Central Florida mexico are you in. I have to admit I've race those exact R1s with my 1st gen and had many for lunch - my ten wont stay planted in 2nd just wheelies over backwards - no joke - we always do 3rd gear role ons because of it!!!! WHEEEEEELIE.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good run bud - sorry to see an R1 getcha -but maybe better run next time - I gotta get some of my Gopro up on here. Im in Mexico Central Florida also - What part of Central Florida mexico are you in. I have to admit I've race those exact R1s with my 1st gen and had many for lunch - my ten wont stay planted in 2nd just wheelies over backwards - no joke - we always do 3rd gear role ons because of it!!!! WHEEEEEELIE.
im in the daytona sanford area of central florida mexico...i can nail my gen 1 in 2nd all day and keep the front pretty well planted, it was a low rpm race and his torque just got him rolling before i did, hes my best friend and lives 12 seconds from me so im sure we will line up here again vary soon( maybe tomorrow after work)....you should join us next time on our mexico trip we try every sunday, usually hit up alot of twisties and couple roll races

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I see what it is when you shift you back right out of the throttle
learn to shift without backing out of the throttle.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
The R-1 was very fast. I need to race me an r-1 and put it on video in Mexico:mrgreen:

How long have you been ridding man? Honestly that R-1 got ghost on you. Respect for lining them up though. I got smoked by a K5 last year. Not a stock K5 but I still got SMOKED...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see what it is when you shift you back right out of the throttle
learn to shift without backing out of the throttle.
yea i honestly dont know wtf i was doing on this race, i didnt want to race to begin with since i really dont like taking the risk...i usually ride alot better than that but im not here to make excuses, on this race he beat me but i have mods in the mail so next race ya never know

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The R-1 was very fast. I need to race me an r-1 and put it on video in Mexico:mrgreen:

How long have you been ridding man? Honestly that R-1 got ghost on you. Respect for lining them up though. I got smoked by a K5 last year. Not a stock K5 but I still got SMOKED...
been riding for a while, only had this bike for bout 2 months now but like posted before i just wasnt in the zone, hit rev limiter couple times, babied 1st like a girl and short shifted, and rolled out of throttle every shift, so idk what was on my mind im sure we will line em up again soon

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
been riding for a while, only had this bike for bout 2 months now but like posted before i just wasnt in the zone, hit rev limiter couple times, babied 1st like a girl and short shifted, and rolled out of throttle every shift, so idk what was on my mind im sure we will line em up again soon
All good man... Yeah that GEN 1 from 1st should of tossed your ass in the air. The guys is just a better rider. All good man. If you are not feeling it then yeah that is gonna zap you too...

There is a video of me running an R-1 that I someone said they would send me I would love to post.

They never sent the video.... I wonder why:spit:

See now you gonna make me take it out on some R-1 this season.

Respect for giving it a try bro:eek:ccasion1

Honestly you got me all fired up now... Wish I could run your boy. My bike is BONE STOCK!!!!! To bad I am in CT. I'll post some videos of my runs this season in MEXICO

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha yea he also has about a 40lbs weight advantage over me, but ill have the rematch up shortly when we get out again and we shall see what the out come is this time

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Actually I see a few problems, for 1 your started out in 1st gear and low RPMs look at the video the R1 he was in his power band and lifted the wheel right away in 2nd gear, you on the other hand never even floated the front wheel and for a 1st Gen that’s hard not to do in 1st Gear.

2nd, you where not power shifting I can see you using your clutch lever……so over all considering what you did not bad you just need to clean up some things IMO.

bloo

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If i race my face is on the tank because wind will lose you the race.
I set my shift lite at 12000 and don,t shift before that
I used to be scared of first gear but then i took my bike out to a good spot and spent all day just wacking the throttle a bit more each time and even backing out and wacking it again. raiseing the rpms a bit more each time till i got used to what it would do.I have been cruising in second and dropped down to fist and wacked the throttle found out i get a instant vertical wheele with the stock gearing but im only 140.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It took me a couple of years to learn how to ride my bike so for a couple of months your doing okay.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am not worried about it comming up, like i said it was just a real bad race for me, idk what was going on, guess wasnt in the mood to race really or something

·
Registered
790 Posts
Actually I see a few problems, for 1 your started out in 1st gear and low RPMs look at the video the R1 he was in his power band and lifted the wheel right away in 2nd gear, you on the other hand never even floated the front wheel and for a 1st Gen that’s hard not to do in 1st Gear.

2nd, you where not power shifting I can see you using your clutch lever……so over all considering what you did not bad you just need to clean up some things IMO.

bloo
:+1:

i just watched it like 15 times lol and honestly your shift is what kills you the most! in the time it took you to shift he put like 3 car lengths on you. either way it was a good run and i'd like to see the improvement you make after using some of the advice these guys gave you. also, you may think your wacking the throttle but i can PROMISE YOU, you aren't...yet. :crackup: i'm pretty sure every person here will agree with me that if you actually wacked the throttle in first gear you are doing a sweet backflip lol! even if it's bone stock, these gen 1's are NOOOO JOKE!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:+1:

i just watched it like 15 times lol and honestly your shift is what kills you the most! in the time it took you to shift he put like 3 car lengths on you. either way it was a good run and i'd like to see the improvement you make after using some of the advice these guys gave you. also, you may think your wacking the throttle but i can PROMISE YOU, you aren't...yet. :crackup: i'm pretty sure every person here will agree with me that if you actually wacked the throttle in first gear you are doing a sweet backflip lol! even if it's bone stock, these gen 1's are NOOOO JOKE!
lol re read what i wrote, i said i can wack it in 2nd gear and for the most part keep the wheel pinned or atleast managable still at WOT, i know you cant wack anything in 1st bro, lol:lol: theses gen 1s are nuts, after watching it again and again, i can only hold my head at this poor display of riding. We are gonna line up here soon and hopfully ill be on my game and see what the new out come will be

1 - 20 of 34 Posts