Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a gen 1 10r a few years back and happened onto a deal on another bike shortly after. Now I'm trying to sell the 10r and interest seems little to none. Whats the deal? Bike is damn near mint and only has 78xx miles. Does nobody want these bikes? What is the going rate? Or am i just to impatient this early into riding season?

Bike I am selling.

Bike i upgraded to.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Most want the newest Electronics and Looks that come out from your local dealer they want what everyone else is riding.

I am Going to guess it's about your price and mileage and location.....If low mileage which this one seems to be then hold on a little longer the Gen 1s will go down in History as the Last Pure Raw machines and get rare r each year there will be a demand for them Always. :wink:

Bloo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most want the newest Electronics and Looks that come out from your local dealer they want what everyone else is riding.

I am Going to guess it's about your price and mileage and location.....If low mileage which this one seems to be then hold on a little longer the Gen 1s will go down in History as the Last Pure Raw machines and get rare r each year there will be a demand for them Always. :wink:

Bloo
I was kind of thinking with all the new technology these bikes might be becoming obsolete. Thing is i have had Hondas over the years and never had an issue selling them. Kinda want the garage space otherwise i would hold onto it. Thinking if it doesnt sell soon I'll part it out. Hate to do it but don't really have the room to keep it around.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I was kind of thinking with all the new technology these bikes might be becoming obsolete. Thing is i have had Hondas over the years and never had an issue selling them. Kinda want the garage space otherwise i would hold onto it. Thinking if it doesnt sell soon I'll part it out. Hate to do it but don't really have the room to keep it around.
I think many would like to give suggestions but your still avoiding questions....how much do you want for it where do you live and bonus points is it a clean title and what modifications?????? that hurts as well. :idea:

bloo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently have it listed for $5k. It has the slip on akra exhaust and gpr dampner. Clean title in hand. Located in south east michigan. Wasn't trying to avoid questions. Just not trying to turn this into a for sale thread since I dont meet the requirements. Haha.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,721 Posts
Going rate on those is around the $4,000 mark. If it's low miles and in good shape, they can get mid-4s. Your starting price isn't out of line, but it probably won't get that much for it.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I currently have it listed for $5k. It has the slip on akra exhaust and gpr dampner. Clean title in hand. Located in south east michigan. Wasn't trying to avoid questions. Just not trying to turn this into a for sale thread since I dont meet the requirements. Haha.

Yeah that's a decent price I am sure you would get close to that out here in California I may have even bought it from you nice low miles. :thumbsup:

You only need 4 posts to start selling on this site you can do that tonight and when the database catches up you can have full rights in a day or since you have been registered since 2013. :thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I wouldn't call that an upgrade. Cough. Duc's do look cool though. If you want to sell your Ten, here are a couple tips. Use better photos. Park it out in the sun, on a rear stand. Put the seat cowl on it if you have it. Get a girl to sit on it, etc. If you really want to sell it, just lower the price to $4500. That bike is well worth it. Nice clean 1st gen killer!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going rate on those is around the $4,000 mark. If it's low miles and in good shape, they can get mid-4s. Your starting price isn't out of line, but it probably won't get that much for it.
Figured when i posted it for 5 i would get the low ball offers in the mid 4s and i would be ok with that. Thing is I haven't gotten any realistic offers at this point.

Yeah that's a decent price I am sure you would get close to that out here in California I may have even bought it from you nice low miles. :thumbsup:

You only need 4 posts to start selling on this site you can do that tonight and when the database catches up you can have full rights in a day or since you have been registered since 2013. :thumbsup:

Bloo
Thanks! I didn't know you could sell things on here with such a low post count. Yeah i have been lurking a while. Alotta good info on this forum. Take better photos tomorrow and post it up for sale on here.

I wouldn't call that an upgrade. Cough. Duc's do look cool though. If you want to sell your Ten, here are a couple tips. Use better photos. Park it out in the sun, on a rear stand. Put the seat cowl on it if you have it. Get a girl to sit on it, etc. If you really want to sell it, just lower the price to $4500. That bike is well worth it. Nice clean 1st gen killer!
Haha. Maybe not an upgrade in certain aspects. Yeah the picture i used isn't the greatest. Just happened to be the only decent photo on my phone. I agree i should take better ones tomorrow. I would list it for 4500 but then people will be offering me 4 for it and I think its worth more then that. Of course after reading these post maybe i won't be able to get 4500 for it.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,690 Posts
Thats a very clean Gen1! I just sold my silver one for 5k with 14k miles on it. It took a loooooong time and I was dealing with all kinds of idiots before a decent buyer came along to add to his Kawasaki collection. I didn't even have to haggle and that was a relief. When I bought it two years ago I didn't even haggle at the 5.5k price. The bike speaks for itself and yours will too for someone who loves the Gen1 and knows what they are all about.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Someday, I WILL own a clean original 1st gen in every color. 04 blue, black, orange, green, 05 red, silver, green. 7 colors that's right Im talking about taste the rainbow of 1st gen killers. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I've had both and while I enjoyed my Ducati, it was not an upgrade. (A 1299 might be different tho) My 10R did everything better except turn, and maybe the exhaust note.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats a very clean Gen1! I just sold my silver one for 5k with 14k miles on it. It took a loooooong time and I was dealing with all kinds of idiots before a decent buyer came along to add to his Kawasaki collection. I didn't even have to haggle and that was a relief. When I bought it two years ago I didn't even haggle at the 5.5k price. The bike speaks for itself and yours will too for someone who loves the Gen1 and knows what they are all about.
Not sure i am willing to wait that long. If it doesn't move soon I think i will part it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've had both and while I enjoyed my Ducati, it was not an upgrade. (A 1299 might be different tho) My 10R did everything better except turn, and maybe the exhaust note.
Well considering the 848 is purely a track bike i will say the better handling takes priority over power. Brakes r better on the duc. The only thing it is lacking on the 10r is power and ease of maintenance.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Well considering the 848 is purely a track bike i will say the better handling takes priority over power. Brakes r better on the duc. The only thing it is lacking on the 10r is power and ease of maintenance.
True, brakes are definitely better on the Duc. Truth is though I miss the 10 way more than my Ducati. Maintenance is not that bad on the Ducati if you learn to do it yourself. I will agree that the 848 is a way better track bike as well. Good luck with your sale, it will be an awful shame if you were to have to part her out

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Picked up a gen 1 10r a few years back and happened onto a deal on another bike shortly after. Now I'm trying to sell the 10r and interest seems little to none. Whats the deal? Bike is damn near mint and only has 78xx miles. Does nobody want these bikes? What is the going rate? Or am i just to impatient this early into riding season?

Bike I am selling.

Bike i upgraded to.
The buyer of a bike is part of the picture..
I value my 05 ZX-10R Because it is raw.. I Want Raw.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Someday, I WILL own a clean original 1st gen in every color. 04 blue, black, orange, green, 05 red, silver, green. 7 colors that's right Im talking about taste the rainbow of 1st gen killers. LOL
Then you better get Busy I already have 4 of the 7 :heyyou: :crackup:

In reality though I have owned 4 Gen 1 bikes over the years my Bloo one of course a Black, Green, and a Stolen recovery bike that was painted silver to hide the Green so with you Johns wish I could own all Seven :eek:ccasion1:

Bloo

Attachments

Reactions: Johns04ZX10R

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Not sure i am willing to wait that long. If it doesn't move soon I think i will part it out.
If you do part out I will take the Akra Slip-on for the right price of course. :wink: :thumbsup:

Bloo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts