Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
I have one on my GEN 1, works great. I think I even posted a thread on this forum long ago. The Healtech website has this, but you should call them or contact them

· Registered
2005 ZX-10R
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

Seems like alot of work for questionable power gains and a gear indicator

· Registered
520 Posts
Come on man don’t be lazy! Having a gear indicator is a major plus in my opinion. It’s just a plug-in mod, finding the correct correctors is the first hurdle. One of the connectors is hidden under electrical tape but I was able to find it. Once installed, the bike has to be on a rear stand and run it through the gears to calibrate the new gear indicator. For me, it was well worth the time. It has worked flawlessly since installation.

· Registered
412 Posts
I have the gipro atre on my gen1. I can confirm that despite having gone thought the calibration process several times, the gear indicator is inaccurate. It's not an issue with the healthech's products itself, but an issue with the gen1 gear position sensor. It won't read like the bike is in 6th while in reality it's in 1st but it will often be -+1 gear off the actual gear and will often flash back and forth between gears until it finally settles on the correct one after abouty 5-10 seconds. I've tried to fix this with the gen2 gear sensor+bearing ball fix with poor results. The gear sensor was all over the place. As far as the tre functionality is concerned I can notice no difference between tre on and off. The tre is supposed to increase bottom end. I've tried switching back and forth multiple times and the bike is dead below 3k no matter what. Setup was +1 tooth in the rear. I reckon healtech makes a fine product, but it just doesn't quite work on the gen 1 due to the issues the bike itself has. I wouldn't spend 140€ again on the gear indiciator with tre function: i'd get the base gear indicator for 70-80€ and accept that it's gonna always read -+1 gears until it settled after a few seconds. My 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

· Registered
412 Posts
I had issues with the original gen 1 sensor and the gen 2 sensor is even worst. I've seen on the replacement parts chart that there is an updated sensor available for the gen 1.
I've ordered mine and I will install it and report back if it works properly. I'll put it on my bike with the GIPro sensor and report back.

· Registered
412 Posts
Black Font Line Screenshot Terrestrial plant

You can see the old code is deleted out and there is a newer one in place of the old one meaning they realized they messed up and updated it. Same goes for valve retainers: if you check the code of the valve retainers you'll notice there is an old one that is deleted out and a new code available for purchase. Valve retainers fail on this bike. Whenever a part is updated the old one il deleted out and a new code is displayed. I hope that this new gear sensor will work properly. I just have to wait a couple of weeks for it to ship now.

· Registered
520 Posts
I am one of those guys that swears by them, of course I don’t use my bike on the track, a street bike and aggressive Sunday canyon carving.

Skydork was reviewing for track use so I couldn’t comment on that. But for street use the EBC HH pads have been great.

Anyways, I’m sure your brakes are going to be fantastic now!

· Registered
412 Posts
Speaking of gen 1 upgrades, does anyone know of any cheap upgrade options for the suspensions? Could you for instance put a gen 5 shock on a gen 1 without major modifications? Gen 5 shocks are ridiculously cheap because they are removed from track bikes with very low mileage. Would make for a great upgrade over a 18 year old gen 1 shock.

· Registered
2005 ZX-10R
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Agree (on the Gen 5 swap) - I don't know anyone who has tried it though.

The fork is working pretty well for me now after I backed the compression damping off to 10 clicks out, it's more compliant and less harsh

Brakes are fantastic now - a must do upgrade on these bikes

Looking for new upper cowling pieces....

21 - 40 of 52 Posts