Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it is covered somewhere, but can't find with many search!

I have a generation 1, and currently use Pirelli slicks in 190/55. Right now I can't have this size for a few weeks. I want to know if a 190/60 or a 200/55 will fit (chain and swingarm). I'm not able to find specifications on them. Even with -1 in front sprockt, I'm afraid of swingarm clearance.

·
Registered
790 Posts
when i bought my bike it had a 200/55 on it. 190/60 should work as well but you will need to get custom screws and spacers for the tire huger since it will be that much higher.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i ran a 190/60 race takeoff on my gen 1 and the slag(i guess you would call the pieces of rubber picked up off the track) rubbed the tire hugger till i burnt it off

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My hugger was already rubbing with 190/55, so it is removed right now.

·
Registered
714 Posts
190/55 is a bit smaller than the 200/55 and 190/60 which are all "about" the same size...

·
Registered
790 Posts
My hugger was already rubbing with 190/55, so it is removed right now.
not a good idea. i run a 190/55 now too. all you have to do is bring the tire hugger screws to your local hardware store and ask for it in a longer length. you're looking at 50 cents a screw then get 5mm spacers another dollar at most! its worth it. the tire huger is there for a reason. just think about what the bottom of the tail looks like after a burn out! i bet your shooting rocks at your self!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
not a good idea. i run a 190/55 now too. all you have to do is bring the tire hugger screws to your local hardware store and ask for it in a longer length. you're looking at 50 cents a screw then get 5mm spacers another dollar at most! its worth it. the tire huger is there for a reason. just think about what the bottom of the tail looks like after a burn out! i bet your shooting rocks at your self!
Actually I put a wedge between my hugger and tire an heated the hugger up really hot with a hair dryer then let it cool and took out the wedge and wa-la, no rubbing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts