Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with compression turned right out, it still feels hard. I have just replaced seals and fresh oil but made no difference. Without spending too much, is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
308 Posts
How many "clicks" do you have from right to left? count them, you should only have about 10 esh. (service manual recommends "9th" click for a 150lb rider...) If you don't then it's possible you didn't get your piston rod nut adjusted properly when putting it back together.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a local mechanic do the seals, new oil. It was hard before I even had that done. I have tried various levels of compression, but makes minimal difference.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Ohlins fork springs are about 100 bucks. Thats not bad if you can install them yourself.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The Gen 1 has harsh oem forks when It was stock I would run 0 compression in the front when it was stock. This was for track day use and I weighed about 245 in leather's then. The best way to fix it is like (or10r) said Ohlin spring's. I did mine with Race Tech stuff and the difference was amazing much better feedback and feel. More compliant and smoother function. Harshness was eliminated.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Check out GP suspension. I sent my forks to them for a refit and every 3 or 4 years I send them in for service. Basically tell them how you ride and what you want and your golden. Think I spent $300 hundred for the refit, all new internals etc... they can put Ohlins internals in your stock tubes as well. Pretty sure other places out there that do the same but I have never had a reason to look elsewhere as they provide excellent service.

http://www.gpsuspension.com/services/

·
Registered
618 Posts
when you say compression turned right out do you mean preload?turned right out,or are you talking compression damping?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Preload is spring tension,if your comp damping is wound all way out you should be experiencing too much dive when braking hard,sounds like your forks may have too much oil for your weight

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you tried using a different viscosity fork oil? The front damping wasn't enough for me (i'm 250+) I went to 15 weight instead of the prescribed 10. you might try a 7.5.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only just had the fork seals replaced and fresh oil by a mechanic, I wouldnt even know how to replace the oil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts