Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I open the bike up to install a GIpro. Took the bike out for a spin to test it and realized my speed wasn't registering. The dash and everything works but my speed just stays at 0. Took the GIpro off and it didn't make a difference. One note I did install my kickstand in the midst of all that but didn't connect anything, just screwed in the two bolts. Any idea what the problem may be or where I should check?

Thanks

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
was there a black wire with a yellow stripe or something that u were supposed to pull and put into the new connector or something? if so there are 2 and u pulled the wrong one. I did the same thing on my 06 when i installed my TRE. call the company and check with them bec u probably pulled the wrong wire and 2 are the same

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,543 Posts
Sounds like a pulled or bent pin in the connector for the GIPro. The speed sensor lines run through that connector as well. Need to tear it apart again and look there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed it and hooked up everything the way it was and still Bo luck. Just to confirm - the speedo will read as long as the ignition is on right? I didn't ride the bike after disconnecting it, just spun the wheel with it on ..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,543 Posts
I removed it and hooked up everything the way it was and still Bo luck. Just to confirm - the speedo will read as long as the ignition is on right? I didn't ride the bike after disconnecting it, just spun the wheel with it on ..
How fast did you spin the wheel? Yes, the speedometer should work with the ignition switch on. Do you have a rear stand? Put it on the stand, run the bike with it in gear and see what it shows.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
probably pulled the wrong wire. the speedo wire on the 2nd gen is the same color as another wire thats on the outer portion of the connector while the actual wire needed is in the middle.

Actually it couldve been my speedo healer that i had to pull the speedomter wire for but either way theyre were 2 black and yellow wires and the one in the center of the connecter was the right one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts