Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing plugs and coils on my lime 05 and I am thinking about doing this. Any benefits??
Can't seem to find the parts very easily either, I have the part number as 92066-1005 is this correct? Are there any other options for this?
Will I need a reprogram?

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you plan to get part-throttle tuning, then you need to do this in order to get an accurate reading from the O2 sensor. It does not have any bearing on full-throttle tuning. It will not gain you any HP and the weight savings are negligible. So, I would recommend not wasting time/money on it, unless you want to get some part-throttle tuning done with a wideband O2 sensor because it will throw the reading off it's true measurement because of the extra air being put into the exhaust.

And no, you won't need a re-program to do the mod. You can do one of the following to remove/plug the system:
1.) Plug the holes with the official Kawasaki plugs
2.) Put a piece of hose between the 2 connections
3.) Buy block-off plates to block the openings off completely
4.) Insert a rubber cap, marble, etc. in the line going to the airbox to block airflow (this is the easiest to do and keeps you Superstock legal if you race)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, didn't know what all it would affect if it were to be removed. I will just change coils then. Was thinking on getting different velocity stacks, but I may just get an exhaust system and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Ok, didn't know what all it would affect if it were to be removed. I will just change coils then. Was thinking on getting different velocity stacks, but I may just get an exhaust system and enjoy it.
k. so, with all the mods you've said you're considering, you need to get a tuning device aka power commander, and have it tuned on a dyno, and to get the most accurate readings for the best tune, you need to remove the pair system (its the thing you're talking about) and either plug the hoses like the dude above said (i used rubber plugs and zip ties), or put block off plates on instead, both of which do the same thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k. so, with all the mods you've said you're considering, you need to get a tuning device aka power commander, and have it tuned on a dyno, and to get the most accurate readings for the best tune, you need to remove the pair system (its the thing you're talking about) and either plug the hoses like the dude above said (i used rubber plugs and zip ties), or put block off plates on instead, both of which do the same thing.
Currently I have a pcIII, BMC race filter, secondaries removed, and a slip on system. I would like a full system to remove the servo, but really that's about it. Would it really need a custom tune for that? Because I have a tune for it now, and there is no tune for my setup on this site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts