Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this reflash ecu thing. I was wondering if anyone knows for the 2004 zx10 if the reflash gets more gains overall or would the powercommander? Thanks for any Help.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
No, not really. There's not much to be gained HP wise on the earlier models with the ECU flash. Fueling and timing bump are about the only things that can be done and it's not going to make a big difference over using the piggyback equipment such as a PCV.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Ima have to disagree with you guys i noticed alot more when i had my ecu flash over pc... Beside fueling, addin timing you can increase revlimiter on the gen1 which is worth couple of hp there.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Ima have to disagree with you guys i noticed alot more when i had my ecu flash over pc... Beside fueling, addin timing you can increase revlimiter on the gen1 which is worth couple of hp there.

Throw up your before and after dyno sheet, lets see what you got. Or did you just "feel" more power?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Throw up your before and after dyno sheet, lets see what you got. Or did you just "feel" more power?
ZxRacer is one of the fastest SWB guys in the Country if you look at his mods, his weight I think he knows by looking at his time slips where the power is coming from....just saying. :wink:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey ZX Racer, If you dont mind my asking, what type of timing did you add when you flashed your 1stGen?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Piggy back JUNK is never as good as making the changes within the ECU.. I have to agree with this guy.. Someone has to explain to me how you advance a timing signal that hasn't been sent yet? Think about this for a second.... You put an ignition commander on your bike and it works by intercepting the signal sent to the coils by the ECU right? So if you want to advance the timing from where the stock timing marks are within the ECU how to you capture a signal that hasn't been sent yet? I can understand how it can retard the timing by simply delaying the captured signal but advancing something that hasn't happened yet has always made me say YEA RIGHT!

As opposed to changing the ignition signal within the ECU itself. You actually change when the signal happens instead of capturing it and altering it somehow with an add on box such as Power Commanders etc.. They were great when hacking the ECU wasn't possible but now that it is possible that's the best way. I've had fuel injected Kawasaki's since my 1983 GPz1100 myself. Back then all we could do was mess with the TPS and that was IT! It altered the fuel curve all the way up by fooling the ECU into thinking the throttle was either more or less open than it really was.. Man we were so trick back then... LOL !!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Piggy back JUNK is never as good as making the changes within the ECU.. I have to agree with this guy.. Someone has to explain to me how you advance a timing signal that hasn't been sent yet? Think about this for a second.... You put an ignition commander on your bike and it works by intercepting the signal sent to the coils by the ECU right? So if you want to advance the timing from where the stock timing marks are within the ECU how to you capture a signal that hasn't been sent yet? I can understand how it can retard the timing by simply delaying the captured signal but advancing something that hasn't happened yet has always made me say YEA RIGHT!

Seems like the same thing when I made my own gear Indicator...NO SAMPLING....it reads the voltages off the gear switch and displayed the Gear....after market Gear Indicators took their time to sample by rpm and gear and resulted in slower response. :wink:

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
I was asking about an ecu flash at a place I am thinking about getting my bike dyno'd at. They told me it can't be done on a gen1. Ignorant bastards...not taking my bike to them now.

Where did you get your ecu flashed at?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I was asking about an ecu flash at a place I am thinking about getting my bike dyno'd at. They told me it can't be done on a gen1. Ignorant bastards...not taking my bike to them now.

Where did you get your ecu flashed at?
Yea them guys dont no wat there talkin about lol... I let member ZX-SIK-R on here flash my ecu dude does great work and for price of his flash can't beat it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Piggy back JUNK is never as good as making the changes within the ECU.. I have to agree with this guy.. Someone has to explain to me how you advance a timing signal that hasn't been sent yet? Think about this for a second....

It says synced with the crank position sensor so it actually "knows" what rpm and where in the cycle the bike is,so it can advance the signal in "advance" :badteeth: :badteeth: Since the ECU has to decide how much it will advance the ignition based on the crank position sensor ( mostly)... Hope it makes sense

I agree with you though,flashing the ECU is better from all aspects. Maybe you can make the same hp with a PCV+ignition,but why bother and spend the money to something that stays on the bike?

If you put cost into account,and I'm not talking about sending your ECU to get flashed with a "slip on map", you realize that in the end you pay less money and have a better ( or at least the same if it hurts someones feelings) bike overall.

And lighter too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
This.

I haven't seen the secondary throttle tables for the Gen 1 but I'm assuming some improvements can be made there as well since removing them seems to gain some hp.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yea them guys dont no wat there talkin about lol... I let member ZX-SIK-R on here flash my ecu dude does great work and for price of his flash can't beat it.
I second SIK.
He did my gen 2's ecu. And I am beyond impressed. I can't wait to get my moms gen1 flashed to see how well it reacts. It really opens that top end up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts