Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone who has raced a gen 1 can chime in. I've been trying to contact AFM tech with no response. Since my triple project isn't going to be ready for next season I'm going to race the 10.

My question is about the case covers. I've found NRC aluminum covers. Are these acceptable? They list three covers: LH starter outer, LH starter inner, and RH ignition. There is no RH clutch cover available. The "inner" LH starter cover is under the "outer" one and the OEM part has a rubber slider on it. Do I just need the left and right "outer" covers, or do I need the "inner" as well? Do I need to do anything with the OEM clutch cover?

Bonus question: did you guys run stock brakes? I swapped to zx-14 calipers years ago and can't imagine racing with the stockers. I'll race up in the open classes before I switch back.

Thanks in advance.

·
Always On Mod
1,842 Posts
I'm hoping someone who has raced a gen 1 can chime in. I've been trying to contact AFM tech with no response. Since my triple project isn't going to be ready for next season I'm going to race the 10.

My question is about the case covers. I've found NRC aluminum covers. Are these acceptable? They list three covers: LH starter outer, LH starter inner, and RH ignition. There is no RH clutch cover available. The "inner" LH starter cover is under the "outer" one and the OEM part has a rubber slider on it. Do I just need the left and right "outer" covers, or do I need the "inner" as well? Do I need to do anything with the OEM clutch cover?

Bonus question: did you guys run stock brakes? I swapped to zx-14 calipers years ago and can't imagine racing with the stockers. I'll race up in the open classes before I switch back.

Thanks in advance.
Hey, I race a G4 in AFM. For the case covers, as long as they are aftermarket aluminum protective covers you are following the rules. They allow the GB ones too, but not all composite covers. you don't have to worry about the RH clutch cover. For the LH side I'd guess you just need the outer, but hard to tell without pics.

I run stock brakes so I can race Open Prod. That's the only class that requires stock parts. Open GP, Open SB, Formula Pacific, or Clubman HVY if you're a novice, all allow upgrades to the brakes.

I race a 450 also, so feel free to ask any questions there I may be able to help.

Hope to see you at Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Its hard to find covers for the gen 1 these days I have the NRC cover's on my gen 1. I did the Nissin calipers from an 08 ZX6 and then swapped those for Brembo's.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure why they make an inner and outer for the left. The inner is a lot more expensive and requires a lot more work to install, but I didn't want to show up at tech with just an outer and fail.

Because of the brakes I'll probably end up in Open SB. Doesn't really matter. With me in the seat I could put the tenner up against the ninjettes and get smoked. I won't be running until spring anyway. Too much going on and I've scrapped my plans for this year.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I have a WoodCraft(i believe) for left side talking about the big cover starter clutch cover very solid I may sell for the right price....I was going to practice with it on my powerdercoat gun and install on my project Gen 1...maybe.....but if I get a good offer I will be willing to sell just let me know if your interested in it.

bloo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts