Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am in the midst of building a dune buggy with a gen 1 zx10r engine in it and I can't seem to get power to the spark plugs. Due to a limited budget I have bypassed the key module and am unsure of what else I need to do to get spark. I am able to turn the engine over when I push the start button on the right hand switch and can hear many of the systems coming on. Any help or info on what might cause a lack of spark is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
looks like it will be fun, how did you bypass the key switch? The gen 1 doesn't need a resistor from what I remember but again, that's what I remember. Spend the 60 bucks for a woodcraft keyswitch eliminator and knock any possible issue related to that section of the wiring out. Had an issue once with mine where everything cycled on and heard pump prime and it would turn over but no spark, Have you pulled a plug and checked for spark yet? if I remember what the issue was for me I'll let you know

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had a spark issue check the kickstand sensor, tip sensor, starter relay ,clutch safty, coils, and cam sensor those were the troublesome ones when i rewired my bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys I am in the midst of building a dune buggy with a gen 1 zx10r engine in it and I can't seem to get power to the spark plugs. Due to a limited budget I have bypassed the key module and am unsure of what else I need to do to get spark. I am able to turn the engine over when I push the start button on the right hand switch and can hear many of the systems coming on. Any help or info on what might cause a lack of spark is greatly appreciated.

Matt
HI Matt did you find a solution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts