Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of an 04 ZX10R, Holly, that has well over 100,000 miles, coming in at 100 shy of 119,000. I say this because I want you to understand I have daily driven this bike for a long time and maintained her the best I could for 13 years as second owner. I'm 31 and moved on motorcycle to OK. She is now starting to show her signs of mileage and age and with her being a Liter 100KNinja I am hoping to get some love from the forum. I don't want to be another statistic nor do I want her to be. I am kind of doing a fresh start deal and most of funds went to the move so going to the dealer and paying factory prices for what I need isn't an option. With that said my major problems right now are as follows:

Tires- being taken care of one at a time unless someone knows a cheap place to get a set
Radiator leak- have to examine to see if possible hose issue. Will be resecuring the hoses with clamps and replacing bottom motor mount with OEM used part off EBay. May need new Radiator though
IDLE issue...I cleaned the throttle adjuster and it's housing where it screws in but still idles poorly and having to constantly adjust.
Fork Seal Leak- Have seals just waiting on tool to come in to install
Lot of Fairing issues but did get some used OEM under seat fairings, hot bodies undertail, top tail, main tail needs to be replaced and right middle needs replacing
Needs Clutch rebuild soon and I have clutch cable ordered as my current one became frayed a couple of days ago
My airbox housing is damaged from when the threads in the plastic housing came loose and I had to get out the bolt.
Need Rotors for both wheels...need to either rebuild calipers on mine or get some other OEM ones. Mine still brake fine just saying because of mileage on them.
Need Sprockets and chain soon hopefully they last til funds are right

Basically just hoping someone reading this might be parting a Gen 1 and will cut me a break on pricing so I can get more stuff I need, or if someone upgraded and have a stock part I need just laying around and could let it go for a little cheaper than they normally would to help me out. I have a job and earn my money but a lot is happening at once and I'm trying my hardest to keep up but it is my daily and unfortunately when something's f**ked up and you still ride, it tends to f*ck up other stuff. Thanks in advance guys and Admins please delete if not allowed. Stay Safe fellow riders!!! It

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome and I’d say get an OEM factory manual for wear limits on parts and service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yes good advice you can download that off of this site. Sadly I dont think your gonna much luck getting good deals on parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys and I figure not just hoping!! Had to try...I'm just not wanting to throw cheap parts on her from Amazon or whatever so hopefully some love will come.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have fairly new chain EK chrome it cost $200 when I got it in August and 16 tooth vortex front sprocket 43 tooth vortex rear sprocket I got them same time as chain all together was $290. I also have front tokiko calipers off of a 2015 cbr 1000rr that I had on my gen 1. Im stretching my bike out so the chain and sprockets are for sale and upgraded my calipers so they are also available. If interested

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have fairly new chain EK chrome it cost $200 when I got it in August and 16 tooth vortex front sprocket 43 tooth vortex rear sprocket I got them same time as chain all together was $290. I also have front tokiko calipers off of a 2015 cbr 1000rr that I had on my gen 1. Im stretching my bike out so the chain and sprockets are for sale and upgraded my calipers so they are also available. If interested
Pm sent

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright got a deal in motion with Jappy. Still need one OEM front brake rotor, red levers or red black combo lever set, wouldn't mind doing a red reserve tank possibly new Master Cylinder if price is right versus buying new internals and just have a spare. Could really use a decent deal on a Scott's, Ohlins or GPR damper. This beast definitely is overdue for one. But that would be a couple weeks out first another rotor and maybe rear caliper or internals at least for the rear and Master, plus a bleed and fresh Brake fluids!! Ride safe Brothers!! Thanks for the love.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome and I’d say get an OEM factory manual for wear limits on parts and service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had one since about 28,000 miles of her life. Only thing really neglected have been internals of some parts, new hoses and lines, and missed the last sync and clearance check. Remedying soon. Anyone got a shim kit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update guys....deals in works. Current needs are front Master Cylinder, red or red/black lever set, any covers, general right fork parts. Thanks for the love so far!! Mad love from my Kawi Krew Bros!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts