Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get flamed..... I know bikes of the same year can be completely different when it comes to tuning and using custom maps let alone different generations.

I was curious if the 04/05 maps for a bike with similiar mods would be acceptable for a starting point on an 06/07. I know the engines are fairly similiar but I'm not sure about all technical aspects.

If not does anyone have a generic map for a 2 gen with a boz bros exhaust? Or what map I could use for a pcIII just as a safe map until I get a custom map. I dont want to get a tune just for my exhaust and then put everything else I want on it and have to pay to retune. Im not looking for a track monster just a safe everyday ride.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would just pick a map for a slip on for the generation u have and run it. Just make sure it's the same general kinda pipe. Example a long pipe versus a growler. IMO all the dyno jet maps suck anyways and custom tune is a must, but I agree it would make sense to wait till u get all the mods done. Save some cash that way. :thumbsup:

Like i said This is just my opinion so no one get worked up about it. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that's kind of the issue.... the Boz Bros B2 isn't like any other conventional pipe it connects to the header so its different then a conventional slip on, and it doesn't have a canister just baffles on the inside. That's why I was semi hesitant to just throw any map on. I met someone on here with a map they used on an 04 that's why I asked. I posted up a pic incase you haven't seen them.

Attachments

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
call dynojet and they can/will at least suggest the best "base" map to start with.that pipe almost looks like a sherrvin creation! how's it sound?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Future mods would include some head work.

It sounds awesome. It really sounds like a formula 1 car. It comes with 2 baffles and its rediculously loud without either of them (makes my buddys d and d sound quiet lol). With the 1 in its loud but tolerable. With them both in its still noticeable but not too loud for neighborhood watch. Its throaty and sounds calmed up like a two brow at idle but when you get on it she screams. I love it and I get compliments all the time cause its unique.

You can find em pretty cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Future mods would include some head work.

It sounds awesome. It really sounds like a formula 1 car. It comes with 2 baffles and its rediculously loud without either of them (makes my buddys d and d sound quiet lol). With the 1 in its loud but tolerable. With them both in its still noticeable but not too loud for neighborhood watch. Its throaty and sounds calmed up like a two brow at idle but when you get on it she screams. I love it and I get compliments all the time cause its unique.

You can find em pretty cheap on ebay.
Do you have a way that we can hear what it sound like? i.e youtube. That thing looks like it would be pretty loud.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a couple vids on youtube. Search for box bros but most of them are the famous moira system. Ill see about doings video from my droid and posting it tonight but I dunno how it will turn out. I know the box bros b2 is on youtube but they run it in a connex and its really distorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts