Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy, recently I rode my bike and there is a lost of power at the top end why is that so? Meaning the top rpm I could go is 7 to 9 max.. And it is stuck at 124mph.. Wad could be the possible problem? I did a search and could not find any thread on this topic, pardon me guy :p am really worried about it..

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Yes. It doesn't take much fuel to spin the engine with no load. Whole different story when the engine is working harder.

·
Registered
147 Posts
llift the fuel tank up and disconnect the fuel hose. check how much fuel is coming out during the 4 second prime at the start. Lower than 76ml and its time to replace the pump

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
llift the fuel tank up and disconnect the fuel hose. check how much fuel is coming out during the 4 second prime at the start. Lower than 76ml and its time to replace the pump
That's a good tip to remember, thanks. :thumbsup:
And 76ml = 0.3212 cups about 1/3 rd of a cup

Repped

·
Registered
153 Posts
my first gen done this exact thing,it ended up being my kickstand switch, bypassed it and back to full rpm again.........jus sayin....:dontknow::mrgreen:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine as well did the same thing and I noticed my bottom piece of my undertail was out with the pieces of plastic on either side. I carefully pulled the side pieces out a bit and pushed the bottom back in and after that it didnt lose power at 8 or 9k anymore! I assumed it was the pulley (Butterfly valve?) that was stuck closed. Hope that made sense! Gen 1 btw.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
fuel pump,ecu,wire grounded,sensor! check the hole bike over!

is the bike throwing codes?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Butterfly valve?? I am having the same problem with mine i have changed my tank before is it hard to change the fuel pump??
nope not at all. siphon all the gas out the tank and remove it from the bike. then simply unbolt the pump from the bottom of the tank. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine as well did the same thing and I noticed my bottom piece of my undertail was out with the pieces of plastic on either side. I carefully pulled the side pieces out a bit and pushed the bottom back in and after that it didnt lose power at 8 or 9k anymore! I assumed it was the pulley (Butterfly valve?) that was stuck closed. Hope that made sense! Gen 1 btw.
EPIC:thumbsup:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
check the sidestand switch.....there was just a couple threads about guys bikes having similar problems and it ended up being the kickstand switch was dirty as hell and getting stuck.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Just remove the kick stand switch, its problematic. Cut the 2 wires going to it and solder them together. That completes the circuit and no more issues ever. I had sub 4k rpm stumble and went away after I removed mine. I had gotten oil inside of it when I replaced my stator. Others had the 8k rpm brick wall when theirs was dirty. Stupid switch, remove it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts