Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've never installed one of these. Where do I connect this White plug to on the bike ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,167 Posts
Is that a HealTech GIPro? You need to tie into the gear position sensor wiring, which is near the throttlebody. You have to pull the tank nad most likely the airbox. It doesn't connect anywhere in the tail that you show in your pictures.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The white "adapter" plug you are showing, appears to be correct to plug into the diagnostic "port".
This should be the plug connector shown in the second to last of pics you've attached. The connector is the one located top, center of the pic. Directly between the fuse block on the right, and the block labeled Denso on the left.
Unplug that connection, and check to see if the adapter does in fact fit. The back side of the white adapter appears to be color coded for you bare wire connections.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I thought as much.. it's a cheap chinese one which to be fair looks identical to the healtech one which is also made in China.

I can pull the tank and air box off in a few minutes, any idea which connector I'm looking for Sky ?... if anyones got some pics it would be really handy.

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The white "adapter" plug you are showing, appears to be correct to plug into the diagnostic "port".
This should be the plug connector shown in the second to last of pics you've attached. The connector is the one located top, center of the pic. Directly between the fuse block on the right, and the block labeled Denso on the left.
Unplug that connection, and check to see if the adapter does in fact fit. The back side of the white adapter appears to be color coded for you bare wire connections.
Hi mate.. the plug fits neither of these

I'm assuming theyve supplied the correct plug !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry these to be more accurate

The strange thing is, what am I disconnecting that wont work if I then plug this in .. I was thinking Diagnostic plug as that would be a final connection

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,167 Posts
Yea, I thought as much.. it's a cheap chinese one which to be fair looks identical to the healtech one which is also made in China.

I can pull the tank and air box off in a few minutes, any idea which connector I'm looking for Sky ?... if anyones got some pics it would be really handy.

Cheers

Ah. Chinese knockoff. It didn't come with it's own installtion directions? You're going to have to trace back the wiring from the sprocket cover up. It will be near the fuel rail on the lefthand side behind the throttlebody.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol... I've read the Healtech instructions below

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all down to the connections, I'll whip off the tank tomorrow..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,167 Posts
Lol... I've read the Healtech instructions below
That's a good start! You'll notice the GIPro connector is completely different though. It's triangular, not square like that one is. The service manual shows the GPS connector tucked in between the fuel rail and TB on the left side. I believe that is where you have to connect it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My GIPro, fits the square connector that you circled in the top center, second pic. It is not a "dead ended" connection point on my bike either, but disconnecting it only affects the TRE, but I have a flashed ecu, so it's of no concern.
As long as you've got it figured out, disregard the above.
Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I noticed the shape of the connectors were different..

Let you know how it pans out

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never got round to installing that indicator, my Nitron arrived today and I actually had to do some work for a change..

Some of the bolts in the bottom arm are a bit fucked as are some dust seals, checked out prices on the fiche, they are ridiculous M12x117 Flanged Bolt £15.00 plus VAT and Carriage.. can get similar online in Stainless for £2.00.

So I'll need to have a hunt around and checkout the shank/threaded lengths.. The 5 bolts needed are 56 quid from Kawasaki...ridiculous.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My Healtech Gipro connected to the the plug next to the one you circled in red exactly in the front of the seat mounting bolt hole. You see all the wraps of electrical tape just to the left of the red circle? Just pull on that wire and the connector will come out from inside all the tape. It should be yellow plastic on the inside once you remove the dummy plug. It’s a square connector with three pins.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've still to get in about this, been busy the last week, waiting on an overhaul kit (seals, sleeves etc) for the bottom shock mount which is enroute from England..all needle rollers feel nice and smooth thankfully, noticeable "visual" wear on the Chrome sleeves...

I'm going to apply some grease to the sleeves and rollers, anyone have a recommendation of choice.. presumably a light emulsion due to the smaller components and tighter tolerances.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts