Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

read the threads but still stuck. I have a gen1 and the fast idle goes up to 3k on the cold mornings. It did this before the tre was fitted and it's the same afterwards. Where is the fast idle adjustment (pics would be great!)

Runs great currently apart from the fast idle from cold

many thanks All ;)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
there is only one idle adjuster. on cold mornings the idle WILL go up an RPm or two. thats the nature of it. The fuel doesn't stay atomized very good in the cold intake, so the computer has to compensate and increases the rpm. relax, its normal

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
yea thats the computer trying to warm up the engine by increasing the rev.

idle ajuster is under your left upper fairing near your radiator fluid tank. should look like a little knob at the end of a black cable. clockwise for increasing rev and counter clockwise for decreasing rev at idle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3k rpm seems a little high to me... i saw a post where ivan said there was a cold idle adjustment..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idle is 1100 rpm and is fine... it's only the fast idle when cold which starts at 3k, then drops to 2k, and finally after a couple of minutes to the normal idle..

·
Registered
12 Posts
3k rpms seems fine to me. esp in winter when its colder due to air inlet temp sensor on back of airbox

oh by the way did you get that spacer i sent you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm still in the states, i'll check when i get back, but thanks for sending it..

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is what Ivan posted

Is this what you were looking for, its the screw Ivan said reduces high revs at cold start.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks like it.. no mention in the manual though...

any idea how i get to it? do i need to remove the tb's as well???

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi there, I've not done it myself although I need to get it done as installing Ivans TRE as per his instructions took my cold startup revs from @2200 to @3300, thats why I kept the pic.
AFAIK you need to remove Tank & airbox, this should give you access, probably a little fiddly, then I assume you have to get a fuel supply rigged up somehow, start when cold and then tweek.
Don't know which direction of turn increases or decreases revs though.
Sorry its all I know, Maybe someone more experienced can chime in ?
Cheers Ergo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just as an fyi.. i turned the screw in the red circle half a turn clockwise and that dropped the revs back to around 1700 cold idle... i found if i removed the plastic airbox base from the injector rail it gave me clearance, bit fiddly to put back but worked well..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts