Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering dropping my engine to take it and have it serviced as well as powder coating the valve cover and the other gold/bronze covers and possibly redoing the black on the block itself, mainly because the paint needs to be refreshed and it looks like crap with grease and oil all over it from previous owners not taking the time to do things carefully and spilling things.

I've done plenty of motor work with cars before and should have all the tools neccesary to do it, i'm just hesitant because i've never done engine things on a bike other than general servicing. What sort of things should i look for while im down there and are there any tips/tricks/special tools you'd recommend me?

I'm also looking for suggestions on some radiator hoses. I've found some silicon ones on ebay for a decent price and theyre red like i want. (The theme will be matte black/anodized red when im finished with everything. ) Here's a link to the hoses

Also considering a cluster swap from Gen 1 to Gen 3. Not sure if I want to for out a ton of money for a Gen 3 cluster yet though. If I end up going through with everything i'll make a build blog and try to keep up with the progress.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Everything is metric. If you have to force something, you are doing it wrong. Simple green and a power-washer will do wonders for clean up. WD40 and microfiber towels for the really tough stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts