Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding at the new track in NC with Team Pro-motion and I got Black /orange flag to get off the track. The safety individual said he could hear a loud clicking noise from my bike when I fly past them on straight but I can not here it when you are coasting or in neutral. My friend was on the top of the hill and he said he could hear the clicking sound way up there too. I can fell the clicking on the left side of the bike from the foot peg but I wasnt worried about it because it has been doing this on and off since last year. I replaced the chain last year in the beginning of the season. I assumed it was the new Aftermarket rearset bolt on the bottom left hand side hitting the chain (there was a little wear on the bolt. So I put a small washer on it and ended up with the same clicking noise. Hopefully I can take the front sproket cover off this week so check that. Also try that roll the bike back in 5th gear trick I read moments ago. Need to try to get this fixed becuase I have another track day on next Tuesday..

Has anyone experience this before? Any Solutions? Any Ideas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
my 04 just had this problem, literally like three weeks ago, There was a bad/stiff link in my chain, replaced the chain and no more sound.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Update from the OP

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had an issue like this but it was my front rotors, and was a little different than you described.. I will have to cast my vote to the chain/sprockets

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Front sprocket..
+1! Had a similar problem on my 750 and after days worth or troubleshooting and going thru the damn bike it ended up being a loose front sprocket. It was just barely loose but made a hellacious clicking sound once the bike was up and going. Drove me nuts until I finally figured it out. Best of luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will take a look at all the sugguestions today, I will start with the ordering a new chain, and maybe a front sproket. As far as the cam tension its coming from the left side of the bike, but I will try that 5th gear in reverse trick as well.

Thanks for the Ideas, time to get the Craftsman tool out and Pandora.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I installed my master link too tight one time and got a pretty loud ticking on mine. If your chain is pretty new then check the links before buying another, you may be able to just fix it with a master in the place of the bad link

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I will take a look at all the sugguestions today, I will start with the ordering a new chain, and maybe a front sproket. As far as the cam tension its coming from the left side of the bike, but I will try that 5th gear in reverse trick as well.

Thanks for the Ideas, time to get the Craftsman tool out and Pandora.. :thumbsup:
Mary at Superbike Supply has been sell a 520 conversion kit
Chain, Front, Rear for $145

I jump in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts