Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 05 missing some parts here and there and the whole entire clutch happens to be one of them. My question is are there different clutch assembly's because when I was looking them up on rockymountain's oem website it showed different ones with different markings. Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
While there are different assemblies from the stand point of assembly tolerances I have had no problems mixing and matching the different pieces.
As a complete side point as long as you have it that far apart consider changing the oil pump rotors to the Gen 3 for improves oil pressure and flow, you must use the gen 1 05 drive gear. The gen 3 has more vanes. In the gen 3 the pump turns a little slower, likely has a small HP gain by doing that.
David

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just replaced my clutch this past weekend I had a blown '05 motor, an '05 long block, and a '04 with a bad tranny that I did a swap on. I noticed after taking all the clutches out of each motor that the fibers had markings on them... A15, A16, A17, A18... Do these Letter & Number combo's mean something... ?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.