Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a gen 1 cheap earlier this year and finally got around to being able to start on it.just gonna build a clean little SWB bike with a decent engine to beat the streets on.gonna have GAZX10 build me a nice head for it and maybe throw a set of Pistons and rods in it and let her eat.had the frame powder coated a few months ago,gonna run a gen 3 arm,like to put a set of BSTs on it but not certain of it yet.ill post plenty of pics as progress goes along

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Subbed...is this going to be for Drag?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have pretty much everything to put it together but plastics,this will be a purpose built Streetbike but prob play with it at the track.R6 was hiding behind the lift :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
really looking foward to your build, lets make some power. got a customer that just trapped 165 with a 2mm bore build on a stock wheelbase 08 streetbike with gen 1 head, no nitrous.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Test fit the Gen 3 arm today,this will be a SWB bike,but still slammed...so next up is to cut the forks about 2 inches,paint lower forks,wheels and shock

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
so you going to drag it SWB?....what power mods if you do?

Bloo

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so you going to drag it SWB?....what power mods if you do?

Bloo
Maybe a little bit,I just can't live with a stock height bike.im planning to make about 190 hp with this one.pistons,rods,head work and cams should get it done...but stock bore

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Maybe a little bit,I just can't live with a stock height bike.im planning to make about 190 hp with this one.pistons,rods,head work and cams should get it done...but stock bore

That's going to be crazy to race SWB I raced with another member with a 1st Gen and Gen 3 Swing arm on it, it makes the 1st Gen a pure 54" ...he did good still hit 9s but I imagine your going to have your hands full to get good times.....what's your rider weight?

Bloo

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been pretty busy with work and my Gen 3 lately,I got the wheels painted this week and getting tires mounted today.sent the crank out to marine to get balanced and polished,GAZX10 called yesterday with an update on the head...can't wait to see it. I'll most likely order the paint after Thanksgiving and get started on a few things

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Crank is back from Marine,had the entire crank reworked and is now better then new.i gotta send it to one more place and it will be done.GAZX10 should have the head done after the new year and it will be time to start putting this engine together.havent decided on Pistons yet,but I have a set of H-Beams im gonna use in it as well.hoping to start paint as soon asi slow down at work some.started a Ti-winder install on my Gen 3 so it's taking up a lot of my spare time

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
This build is awesome! Such a short thread, but so cool to read. Excited to see it finished.

really looking foward to your build, lets make some power. got a customer that just trapped 165 with a 2mm bore build on a stock wheelbase 08 streetbike with gen 1 head, no nitrous.
Gaz, could I get more details on this bike? If they arent supposed to be public, PM is great as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts