Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Crap that OEM stator is almost double the cost of the Ricks stator! I have heard a story or two about Rick's stators dying prematurely too. I replaced mine with a ricks though and all has all been good. There's a few other members who have also used Rick's stators and haven't had any issues. I think Rick's will stand by their product though if it fails.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well the old battery read 10.50 volts. Dead as dead can be. Installed the new one and it reads 12.28 then 12.44 @3000 rpm. Ok or think I should go after the stator?? any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well the old battery read 10.50 volts. Dead as dead can be. Installed the new one and it reads 12.28 then 12.44 @3000 rpm. Ok or think I should go after the stator?? any help would be appreciated..
The voltage needs to be higher. 12.44 is not enough to reliably start your bike, it needs to be 12.75 minimum. You probably have a problem with one of the legs on the stator.

The stator has three separate circuits in its copper coil windings. If one of the legs goes bad, then the stator is unable to produce the full 14.4 volts @ 3000 rpm. You can test this by using a multi-meter on the three wire plug for the stator. There should be continuity and less than 0.2 Ohms of resistance between each of the three wires and to frame / battery ground.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts