Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 04 zx10r wont go over 8000 rpm no matter what gear its in...SOMEtimes it will go to redline in neutral. it has a two brothers racing exhaust and a power commander 3. heres what i've done...

-full diagnostic (18 errors on the secondary butterflies) so i removed them...no change so its not them. and no other failures except cam shaft position sensor 3 times. no biggie. (all other values are good)
-removed exhaust butterfly (unkooked cables under seat so its always open)
-disabled kickstand switch
-removed little roley thing from tip over sensor.
-ran with power commander unhooked, ran "zero map", two brothers map, and currently running 'butterflies removed' map...no changes in any circumstance.
-local kawi shop tested fuel pressure (at idle...they didnt drive and test at the same time..probably should be my next step (i know)... they said fuel pressure is excelent.
-ran octane booster and injector cleaner (i run 91).
if i let off the throttle a bit it climbs up to 9000..sometimes 10000.

any help from anyone? please and thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Fuel pump. Especially if it doesn't sound right.

Just because it is capable of delivering pressure with no load on the engine, and volume when there is no back pressure, doesn't mean it can deliver both the volume and the pressure.

Been there ...

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
fuel pump. Especially if it doesn't sound right.

Just because it is capable of delivering pressure with no load on the engine, and volume when there is no back pressure, doesn't mean it can deliver both the volume and the pressure.

Been there ...
:+1:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes thats pretty much what i figured. test the fuel pump under load. i was just hoping there would be some SUPER oddball thing i can try. thanks an. and ill let u guys know what happens wen its fixed as i see there is someone else on here with a similar thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fuel pump. Especially if it doesn't sound right.

Been there ...
+2 Mine did the same thing, get a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts