Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kawasaki ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues as of today with my 08 ZX10R... My bike will go up the gears bit will not downshift at all.... Has anyone had this same problem as myself.....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes the G3 shaft is easy to pull out once the clutch pack is out, there is only one circlip on the outside by the shift lever, the G1 & G2 also have a circlip on the inside which means you need to drop the sump. Try and find a 2010 shaft they are substantially stronger as the 08 often had issues like yours. Part number 13161-0073 as seen in this link

·
Registered
2000 Kawasaki ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the G3 shaft is easy to pull out once the clutch pack is out, there is only one circlip on the outside by the shift lever, the G1 & G2 also have a circlip on the inside which means you need to drop the sump. Try and find a 2010 shaft they are substantially stronger as the 08 often had issues like yours. Part number 13161-0073 as seen in this link

Stupid question but would a 2010 shaft fit my bike ok

·
Registered
2000 Kawasaki ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ends up it was one of the 3 springs within the clutch. Clutch has been stripped and all 3 springs that select the gears when you change are getting replaced. Thanks for everyone's feed back on this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts