Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
tried -1 front with stock rear 16 - 41 & IMHO makes the gears too close I did not care for that gearing.... on my 08 ZX10

now running 17 front stock & +1 in the rear 42

& I kinda like it .....but have not been able to test enough yet to see if I like it better then the 17-41 stock gearing ?

I just put the new gearing on about a week ago
but so far I do like it way better then the -1 in the front

· Registered
332 Posts
You won't keep up if you change out the gearing cause you will drop a lot. -1 on a 3rd gen on my gps will only do 170-173mph max...I like to say for every tooth you drop up front you drop about 5-7mph or more depending on the bike...

This is for the member above me^^^
In the case of mine -1 up front is actually slow from 0-100mph but it feels fast cause the rpm's sit higher etc etc...

I have tested a lot of setup's for the street and for the 3rd gen 17/41 or 17/42 is the best in my mind...

THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS ALL THESE SPROCKETS TOO 15/16/17/18/39/40/41/42/43
:+2: I think your right on with your gearing advice I wonder what the gps says about top end difference mph between 17 41 vs 17 42 ?

do you know ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.