Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys wasn't sure to post this here or in suspension section but I figured here bc it's for drag racing. I have an 08 zx10r sitting right about 64" boltons, full exhaust and geting it tuned in 89 and mr12. Brocks clutxh mod and drag pack are in the mail. Right now I'm -1+4 and lowered about 2" in front also strapped and lowered about 3 in the rear. Use the bike mostly for 1/4 mile and I'm about 170 suited. I've tried to read about the visa shock but I dont know jack about suspension and setting it up. Will I benifit at all from the visa shock or will I be able to mess with mine to get it set up right for me? I'm trying to avoid dropping a bunch of money in an aftermarket shock.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your stock shock should work ok. Just run it full soft to start with and then make some small adjustments as needed. With your long swingarm you should have very little wheelie problems but you want the bike to squat on launch and not have the shock rebound to quickly as that might give you some wheel hop. So a good starting point is compression full soft and rebound at full soft and then adjust from there based on what you feel the bike is doing on launch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts