Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a -1 front sprocket for my 07.. i heard tht i would lose top end and only see gains off the line but but would lose something in the higher gear like 3rd gear and up..

so is going -1 worth it or should o stay with stock?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Worth it. The 2nd gen is geared so tall. It will pull stronger in all gears all the way to the top. You just lose a few mph on your top speed. I'm -1/+2 and i'm loving it :mrgreen:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
-1 and +2 myself........def lost a bit up top but the bitch pulls like a scalded dog!!

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Worth it. The 2nd gen is geared so tall. It will pull stronger in all gears all the way to the top. You just lose a few mph on your top speed. I'm -1/+2 and i'm loving it :mrgreen:
:+1: Same with the 1st gen

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I liked the -1 front when the bike was all stock. Now that it's has a better tune I'm going to a stock front and +1 rear. It all depends on your intended use and state of tune.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Dont really like mine -1F. Only did that though so that could be the problem. Only difference I see is my speedo is off by 8.4 mph at highway cruising speed and my RPM's are higher using more gas. Everything else is the same... :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I liked the -1 front when the bike was all stock. Now that it's has a better tune I'm going to a stock front and +1 rear. It all depends on your intended use and state of tune.
:+1:

After the engine work was done on my GEN1, +1 rear was plenty and even at the track the lowest I ever went was +2 rear.

Many people do swear by the -1 front on the street, though. It will make takeoffs easier and no one really needs to go 180+ on the street, anyway.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I dropped mine down 1 front. So far I like it, pulls hard thru all gears. Feels more alive in the twisties in higher gear, smoother also. Revs up alot faster, lost some on top end but gets there quicker. I can live with 165-170 top end.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i really dont care for a crazy top end . cuz im not going to b going 180. i just want quick off the line n and power all the way thru i still wanna climb fast. my personal speed is 150 i will never pass tht. so wht do u think worth it?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
It will help acceleration so give it a try. If you don't like it, just swap the stock size back on. It's only $20-$30 if you don't like it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
33 Posts
my speedo was off before i went to the 16 ,stock 17 at 80 on the speedo was 72 on a handheld gps ,with a16 i memorized 93 on the speedo is actually 80mph

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
yea i really dont care for a crazy top end . cuz im not going to b going 180. i just want quick off the line n and power all the way thru i still wanna climb fast. my personal speed is 150 i will never pass tht. so wht do u think worth it?
Yes it is worth it. A cheap mod as well.
Try -1 on the front, + 2 on the rear.
This is a great combo!
Awesome eye busting, face peeling acceleration!
Just keep that throttle pinned to the stop & click up the gears at max revs!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes it is worth it. A cheap mod as well.
Try -1 on the front, + 2 on the rear.
This is a great combo!
:+2:

I never know how people stay with the stock gearing on the 06/07!!
Best mod I did on the bike -1/+2
I first went -1, then -1/+1 then -1/+2 and now it is perfect!!!
when will I ever cruise around at 180???

·
Registered
13 Posts
i went one -1 on front and want to try +2 on rear of my 07. The best mod for dollars spent period in my opinion. for street riding it like riding a different bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
gear change...

anyone comments on going -1 on the gen 3??

·
Registered
33 Posts
yes 2008 zx10 ,i went minus 1 in the front, because with the stock 17 you have to rev the piss out of it just to take off and then it still bogs down , [ i dont want to hit 10.000 rpms just to get to the next red light ]it will hit a flat spot before 6 k rpm , and if i was not paying attention to the traffic lights- let the clutch out just a tad to fast -stall !. 16 front solved all that .personally i do not want to go any lower in gearing by changing the rear up 1 or 2 . it would be reving to high for my taste

·
Registered
335 Posts
I dropped mine down 1 front. So far I like it, pulls hard thru all gears. Feels more alive in the twisties in higher gear, smoother also. Revs up alot faster, lost some on top end but gets there quicker. I can live with 165-170 top end.
:iamwithst Much better on the take off. Like they're saying its fairly cheap and not hard to reverse.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts