Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres plenty of threads on here about gearing for all the gen's. but what is the best gearing for an 06 zx10R? im really wanting to go from stock 17/40 to 16/42. but how big of a loss top end and stuff like that will i lose? i know i will pull harder all the way through out but i guess my main concern is how bad will it affect my top?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I know theres plenty of threads on here about gearing for all the gen's. but what is the best gearing for an 06 zx10R? im really wanting to go from stock 17/40 to 16/42. but how big of a loss top end and stuff like that will i lose? i know i will pull harder all the way through out but i guess my main concern is how bad will it affect my top?
Oh, you will notice a big drop in top end. When I first got my 10, I tried that 16-42 crap. I had my buddies modded 600 stay with me at top end with that gearing. Totally unacceptable to me! While your acceleration is increased, I did not like to lose my top end. Its a matter of preference and riding style. If you like the quick bursts around town, then thats for you. I am geared for top end as I always am topping out my beast at redline every week. I have even ordered a custom 37tooth to see how much more top end I can make before I go into my motor.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
every rear tooth will gain or loose about 3-4mph and the front will gain or loose about 9mph so your looking at 17mph give or take loss of top end... these bikes go 188-186mph stock so 170mph top speed.... give or take....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'm -1/+2 and love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts