Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rebuilt my bike after an off some time ago,, the bike hit on the front left hand side and went down on the left side.. all seemed well but when ive took it out for the first time it shifts into 1st then 2nd then will not shift aup to anymore gears.. you can shift between 1st 2nd & neutrel but thats it.. has any body got any ideas...have tried another gear lever with no luck,
If the selector or shaft is bect/broken, how easy or hard is this to get at?

Pleas help...track season is coming n bike needs to be ready!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I've hear people replace the shifter with the one from the 2010 ZX10. It's supposed to be stronger.

falling on the left side hard would damage the shifter for sure.

I think they call it the dogbone or something.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You need about 80$ to solve the problem. I had the SAME EXACT THING. THe shift shaft is tweaked. The shift shaft is the one that your food lever connects to on the engine. you can only see about an inch of it on the left side. you need to buy a 2010 shift shaft. its reinforced. You will need an impact gun to remove the clutch assembly. after that its a piece of cake

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
You need about 80$ to solve the problem. I had the SAME EXACT THING. THe shift shaft is tweaked. The shift shaft is the one that your food lever connects to on the engine. you can only see about an inch of it on the left side. you need to buy a 2010 shift shaft. its reinforced. You will need an impact gun to remove the clutch assembly. after that its a piece of cake
Wait a minute... I am changing the clutch on my bike. Will I need an impact gun?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
no VR6. for the clutch you only need an allen socket. In the case of OP, he needs to take off the whole assembly to get to the shift shaft.

Get that clutch changed quick VR6, the season is almost here!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
no VR6. for the clutch you only need an allen socket. In the case of OP, he needs to take off the whole assembly to get to the shift shaft.

Get that clutch changed quick VR6, the season is almost here!
Word up:lol:

My goal is to have my major mods done by 2nd week in April 2011.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry havnt replied, ive been away working, thats sounds just like the problem ,, seems a pretty easy job, I will upgrade it anyway with the 2010 part, will keep you posted after Iver replaced this part...thanks all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts