Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help guys. I have a 2005 zx10r... I am trying to find clutch basket but I am confused with markings. My basket marking is D2 and I can't find the same... I found c2,c3 a1..... what if I will install different marking basket???will it harms my motor or sth else?? Kawasaki gives 5 different codes and 3 different needle bearings....please help!!!! season comes and I don't have z ready....disaster

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,058 Posts
The clutch basket is geared off the crank. I think the markings are to match up to the crank for that. Like you said, there's 5 markings - no mark, A, B, C, and D. But markings A and B are discountinued and superseded by C and D, best I can tell. The crankshaft is not and still only shows 3 versions - no mark, A, and B. You can safely assume that crank A now matches with clutch C. That has to do with the way the gears are ground. I don't know for sure if they can be swapped.

The D version of the clutch basket still shows available. Have you tried your dealer to see if they can order you a D version direct from Kawasaki? That would be the best way to go.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,058 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts