Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done some research to see if there is a gear lever from another kawasaki that will bolt straight on without the shift rod?
Done this on the SP1, lever from a vfr800 bolted straight on, reversed gear pattern.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I used the stock one no problems. Didnt even need to trim the plastic but I did a bit just because I wanted an excuse to use my dremel :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Cut plastic yesterday. Didnt want to cut shift rod as someone sugested. Got me nice hole in fairing.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I've succumbed to get abit cut out of the fairing, just went for a quick ride, much better. Went down to the local Kawasaki dealer, could'nt see any kawi's that had just a lever without the shift rod. :cool:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yep. Had to do this 2 days ago to my 2nd 10R, when I put the Sato rearsets on. I had read that I wouldn't need to grind the plastic to go GP-shift, but there's no way I can see to pull it off without grinding on the lever or changing the angle of the lever so much that leverage is reduced.

I'm concerned that if the shift shaft bracket is at too much of an angle to avoid the plastic, I'll end up with reduced leverage, leaving me with sloppy shifting. I could be wrong, but the geometry just looked sketchy to me. So, once again I've taken a die grinder to the plastic. [smilie=d:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Not trying to beat the horse, but mine shifts fine and smooth. Wont have any problems if its cut Im sure, but it can be done w/o the notch out of your plastic.
:D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of switching to the GP pattern. I was hoping my Sato rearsets would make cutting not necessary. I'll probably toy with it when my 16 front sprocket, and speedo healer arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts