Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran -2ft and +2rear on a stock wheelbase bike? If so, how was is it? What does everyone think about that ratio?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
BryanB said:
Has anyone ran -2ft and +2rear on a stock wheelbase bike? If so, how was is it? What does everyone think about that ratio?
I have -2 up front and bought a +2 rear from a guy off the board to try it. :eyecrazy: I put the 41 on and road it down the road and came back and put the 39 right back on. IMO way to much gear for stock wheelbase bike. I have a 15 and 16 and depending on the track I swap between the two and keep the stock rear.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now im -1 and +2 so im inbetween your two gears, i like it, it just seems that first is just so long

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
BryanB said:
right now im -1 and +2 so im inbetween your two gears, i like it, it just seems that first is just so long
39/15= 2.60
41/16= 2.56
41/15= 2.73
If you have the stock rear, buy a 15 and try that gearing out. With a stock motor, stock wheelbase bike IMO 15/39 is the gear.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my stock gearing was 17/40 and right now im 16/42. So I'm at 2.625. Close to what you are recommending. So you think im fine or should change to 15/39?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
BryanB said:
Well, my stock gearing was 17/40 and right now im 16/42. So I'm at 2.625. Close to what you are recommending. So you think im fine or should change to 15/39?
I think that is a good ratio. Sorry didn't know you had an 06.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
BryanB said:
leave it. IMO the 15t is way to extreme of a radius to subject the chain to i don't care if its strickly drag or not its too tight.
Since you have an 06 W/ 17/40 as stock the 16/42 is pretty extreme as well but acceptable since you changed both sprockets.

BD

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
BryanB said:
great gearing if you dont plan to pass 160mph and love to wheelie..

·
Registered
403 Posts
deezuhl said:
great gearing if you dont plan to pass 160mph and love to wheelie..
I have -2 in the front with the stock in the rear. I have passed 160 with this gearing. I top out at around 172mph with that gearing. I think that is fast enough, not only that but i'll get there faster then you!!!!!!

p.s. I know it was 172 because I have the Speedo Healer!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
bragg10r said:
I have -2 in the front with the stock in the rear. I have passed 160 with this gearing. I top out at around 172mph with that gearing. I think that is fast enough, not only that but i'll get there faster then you!!!!!!

p.s. I know it was 172 because I have the Speedo Healer!!!!!!
guess what your healer isnt as acurate as GPS.. the loss is not linear so the healer isnt 100% accurate it just gets you closer than stock.. -2 teeth looses 22mph from 186.. makes it 164mph.. then figure +2 in the rear is is about 8mph gives you a good 156mph..:mrgreen:

PS.. you will get to 164 faster than me but we dont consider that racing at that speed. 600's can go 164mph..

·
Registered
403 Posts
deezuhl said:
guess what your healer isnt as acurate as GPS.. the loss is not linear so the healer isnt 100% accurate it just gets you closer than stock.. -2 teeth looses 22mph from 186.. makes it 164mph.. then figure +2 in the rear is is about 8mph gives you a good 156mph..:mrgreen:

PS.. you will get to 164 faster than me but we dont consider that racing at that speed. 600's can go 164mph..
I get up to 142mph in the 1/4 and i'm only in 4th gear when I hit the Traps, so your telling me that for 5th and 6th gear i'm only going to pick up 22 mph?? for those 2 gears?? Does not make sense brother!!!!! :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
doesnt have to make sense bro.. -1 looses 11mph.. unless your revving higher than stock the bike goes 186 stock geared.. simple math 186-22=164mph...:dontknow:

·
Registered
403 Posts
deezuhl said:
doesnt have to make sense bro.. -1 looses 11mph.. unless your revving higher than stock the bike goes 186 stock geared.. simple math 186-22=164mph...:dontknow:
I've been to 172mph so I know if your -2 in the front that is what the bike will do. And 186mph is all the speedo will read, that may not be what the bike can really do. I've read posts where they have had the bike up to 190mph with GPS readings.....

P.S. That is like saying if you go up +1 your gonna gain 11 mph up top!!!!! Which is not the case........Everyone would be going up and not down, and reaching 200mph would be easy....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
bragg10r said:
I've been to 172mph so I know if your -2 in the front that is what the bike will do. And 186mph is all the speedo will read, that may not be what the bike can really do. I've read posts where they have had the bike up to 190mph with GPS readings.....

P.S. That is like saying if you go up +1 your gonna gain 11 mph up top!!!!! Which is not the case........Everyone would be going up and not down, and reaching 200mph would be easy....

your an idiot.. +1 will give you 11mph if you have the power to pull the extra gearing.. which most people on here dont and thats why they dont go 200mph.. ill give you 10.00 for every mph over 164 you do on GPS.. paid via paypal.. video tape the run with a GPS on the bike..end of discussion.

·
Registered
451 Posts
164 MPH is correct !!
Guys that went 190 mph dropped a tooth in the rear
186 + 4 - 4.4 mph per tooth in the rear = 190+ mph.

·
Registered
403 Posts
deezuhl said:
your an idiot.. +1 will give you 11mph if you have the power to pull the extra gearing.. which most people on here dont and thats why they dont go 200mph.. ill give you 10.00 for every mph over 164 you do on GPS.. paid via paypal.. video tape the run with a GPS on the bike..end of discussion.
Your an asshole!!!! I dont have to prove anything to you....But if you want to lose money make it 100.00 for every mph i go over 164mph........I'm not going to go over 164mph for chump change just to prove to a "NOBODY" that I have gone over 164mph on my bike with -2 in the front. :fu2:

P.S. My bad you own a 06' so you must think your the man!!!! LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
bragg10r said:
Your an asshole!!!! I dont have to prove anything to you....But if you want to lose money make it 100.00 for every mph i go over 164mph........I'm not going to go over 164mph for chump change just to prove to a "NOBODY" that I have gone over 164mph on my bike with -2 in the front. :fu2:

P.S. My bad you own a 06' so you must think your the man!!!! LOL!!!!
how bout this.. ill meet you in the middle.. 100.00 for every mph over 168 you go.. deal?? I am an asshole but i am also right dickhead..

Ps.. the GPS and radars dont lie when run back to back.. keep relying on you speedo healer and youll impress all your friends with the fake #'s you think you run...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
mrlopez said:
:popcorn: oh yeah this its getting good :thumbsup:
LOL.. enjoy the popcorn the debate is over. ill await the video proving he can exceed the laws of gearing calculations.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
403 Posts
deezuhl said:
how bout this.. ill meet you in the middle.. 100.00 for every mph over 168 you go.. deal?? I am an asshole but i am also right dickhead..

Ps.. the GPS and radars dont lie when run back to back.. keep relying on you speedo healer and youll impress all your friends with the fake #'s you think you run...

Why 168?? You told me and everyone on this forum that I would not run over a 164?? Why are you giving me 4 mph????? According to you my Top speed can only be 164 because of my gearing, why are you worried about 4 mph???? By the way I'm from tampa...I did my 172 mph on the new toll from tampa going towards Spring Hill....Not a lot of cops on that road in the wee morning hours.......I'm at bragg but sometime this month i'll be down to FL....Give me your number and i'll give you a call and we can run them......

P.S. I'm still curious about me going 142mph in 4th gear but I'll only top out at 164mph when I still have 5th, and 6th gear to go.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts