Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know we have a lot of Texans on here.

I support what our Creator says in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong.

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Rom 1:21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
Rom 1:25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
Rom 1:27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
Rom 1:29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,* wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
Rom 1:30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,* unmerciful;
Rom 1:32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
This is a legislation all TEXANs need to get out to the polls and vote on!

We need to keep the sanctity of the family and marriage pure...the way it was meant to be.

VOTE NOV 8th

HJR-6
The Texas State House Joint Resolution - 6 is currently being worded
and prepared to present to the voters of the State of Texas. This
resolution will define marriage as being between one man and one woman, and the Texas voters will vote on this resolution on November 8, 2005.
The resolution currently reads as follows:
A Joint Resolution Proposing a constitutional amendment providing that
marriage in this state consists only of the union of one man and one
woman.
Be it resolved by the legislature of the State of Texas:
Section 1. Article I, Texas Constitution, is amended by adding Section
32 to read as follows: Sec. 32.(a) Marriage in this state shall consist
only of the union one man and one woman.
(b)This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create
or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Section 2. This state recognizes that through the designation of
guardians, the appointment of agents, and the use of private contracts,
persons may adequately and properly appoint guardians and arrange
rights relating to hospital visitation, property, and the entitlement to
proceeds of life insurance policies without the existence of any legal
status identical or similar to marriage.
Section 3. This proposed constitutional amendment shall be submitted to
the voters at an election to be held November 8, 2005. The ballot shall
be printed to permit voting for or against the proposition: “The
constitutional amendment providing that marriage in this state consists
only of the union of one man and one woman and prohibiting this state
or
a political subdivision of this state from creating or recognizing any
legal status identical or similar to marriage.”
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Ah that happened down here ages ago....there doesn't seem to be a stop to gay movement... while I don't so much agree with homosexuality all i can say is get used to it, cause they won't back down... and I havent seen much of a diffirence here anyway since anti-homo laws were abolished or since gay marriage was accepted by law.. hey maybe Texas can put a hold up against their march forward...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
I know we have a lot of Texans on here.

I support what our Creator says in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong.



This is a legislation all TEXANs need to get out to the polls and vote on!

We need to keep the sanctity of the family and marriage pure...the way it was meant to be.

VOTE NOV 8th
:+1: :iamwithst
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
I do agree that there are gays everywhere, but it's a taboo to talk about it openly here althought our gov accept their presence here.

But it's just that I can see gays from all walks of life & I am sure they have no problems getting a girl here where most of the time, they are well built...:mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
"only steers and queers come from texas..."


EDIT: this statement was only intended to lighten the mood...no offense should be taken...
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
I know we have a lot of Texans on here.

I support what our Creator says in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong.



This is a legislation all TEXANs need to get out to the polls and vote on!

We need to keep the sanctity of the family and marriage pure...the way it was meant to be.

VOTE NOV 8th
+1,000,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,553 Posts
Oh boy.....I guess it's up to me to open that can of worms you tossed in here. In my opinion, everyone should have the right to get married, whether man-woman, man-man, or woman-woman. It's been legal here in Canada for awhile and we haven't fallen into the pits Hell yet as far as I've noticed...well maybe in Edmonton (Alberta Joke).
I've never understood how someone else getting the "Right" that the rest of us enjoy will somhow diminish (or in your talk....reduce the "Sanctity") the love that you share with your wife. I'm more than happy to openly discuss this issue and my viewpoints, but if you' re just going to spout slogans and hate without any rational behind it then you may as well save your typing. And before anyone accuses me of being gay, my girlfriend is hotter than 95% of you would ever hope to get. Except for Andy. He's a hot Texan Stud.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
Afterburner said:
Oh boy.....I guess it's up to me to open that can of worms you tossed in here. In my opinion, everyone should have the right to get married, whether man-woman, man-man, or woman-woman. It's been legal here in Canada for awhile and we haven't fallen into the pits Hell yet as far as I've noticed...well maybe in Edmonton (Alberta Joke).
I've never understood how someone else getting the "Right" that the rest of us enjoy will somhow diminish (or in your talk....reduce the "Sanctity") the love that you share with your wife. I'm more than happy to openly discuss this issue and my viewpoints, but if you' re just going to spout slogans and hate without any rational behind it then you may as well save your typing. And before anyone accuses me of being gay, my girlfriend is hotter than 95% of you would ever hope to get. Except for Andy. He's a hot Texan Stud.
I think Hill wrote a pretty rational post which he backed by the Bible. So I don't think he was "spouting" off any slogans or showing any hate. Just quoting the Bible and such which I agree with as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
right, cause a book written by a bunch of sheep herders 2000 years ago acurately represents the world we live in. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
Afterburner said:
Oh boy.....I guess it's up to me to open that can of worms you tossed in here. In my opinion, everyone should have the right to get married, whether man-woman, man-man, or woman-woman. It's been legal here in Canada for awhile and we haven't fallen into the pits Hell yet as far as I've noticed...well maybe in Edmonton (Alberta Joke).
I've never understood how someone else getting the "Right" that the rest of us enjoy will somhow diminish (or in your talk....reduce the "Sanctity") the love that you share with your wife. I'm more than happy to openly discuss this issue and my viewpoints, but if you' re just going to spout slogans and hate without any rational behind it then you may as well save your typing. And before anyone accuses me of being gay, my girlfriend is hotter than 95% of you would ever hope to get. Except for Andy. He's a hot Texan Stud.
Each individual had his own belief about this matter. Homosexuality has been with us (mankind) since the beginning of history.
What the bigger problem/question is, where will this lead?
If "gay rights" become completely equal to "straight rights" what next? In ancient Greece, man-boy relationships were acceptable. Do you want to go there? OK, lets go there. Now male adult-female child relationships, do you want to go there? Do you want your 12 year daughter shacking up with a 40 year old guy? OK, lets go there. Do you like dogs, goats, sheep? You see what I mean. Society only exists with a set of laws that enables society to go forward, have offspring (yet to see a successful gay on gay iteration of this) to insure the continuity of life, maintain and protect the social structure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
I believe in the pursuit of happiness. I think that there should also be limits set however to insure that people do not attempt to take advantage of this, i.e. child adult relationships, or child animal relationships or god knows what, "by the way that made me laugh, I love my sheep very much and we will get married.” Anyway, if two people are in love than who am I to say whether or not it is right, unless one of those people are unable to make an educated decision as in being too young or some other circumstances in play. I don't think that allowing gay union is a bad thing. I don't think that the religious beliefs of one group of people should govern another who evidently does not believe in the same structure of such beliefs. I don't want to start an argument I value everyone's opinions and I just thought that I would share my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Each individual had his own belief about this matter. Homosexuality has been with us (mankind) since the beginning of history.
What the bigger problem/question is, where will this lead?
If "gay rights" become completely equal to "straight rights" what next? In ancient Greece, man-boy relationships were acceptable. Do you want to go there? OK, lets go there. Now male adult-female child relationships, do you want to go there? Do you want your 12 year daughter shacking up with a 40 year old guy? OK, lets go there. Do you like dogs, goats, sheep? You see what I mean. Society only exists with a set of laws that enables society to go forward, have offspring (yet to see a successful gay on gay iteration of this) to insure the continuity of life, maintain and protect the social structure.
Right on. If gay life was meant to be, or right, they would be able to procreate, but alas, they cannot. Human nature disagrees, not just the bible.
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Burner I appreciate your honest opposition.

And for the record, Im not an advocate of "talking out of your butt"! Typically if I say something I will either be able to back it up my self or direct you somewhere that can.

In this case due to research and siting references other than the Bible, Ill post a link to an article. The article is rather short I believe in dealing with this subject books have been written so I dont think this article does the points justice, but you get the idea.

Also, if y'all haven't figured out yet...if the Bible says something I believe it, and do my best to practice it. THAT DOESN"T MEAN, I have some blind faith, or Im some robot that just reads and does because I read it.

The reason I am the way I am is because Ive searched out the other way and/or seen thats not the right way. No, I havn't tried being gay...but I'll tell you, for me the rampid cases of HIV and AIDS developing through the recent years since homosexuality has become more prevolant is enough for me to see that if youre practicing something that has already or will kill you...its probably wrong.

Now to address the Right vs. Wrong on this subject...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, and noone take this personally, but we all know what opions are...just that. Just because one says that "I believe..." that doesn't make it right.

Someone may believe that child abuse is wrong, while another may completly condone it. IMO, condoning child abuse you have to have something really messed up in your brain...But thats just my opinion. And whos to say that my opinions better than anyone elses, right? Have I swiched sides on my argument??? Certainly Not!

I know some of you dont want to hear my "religion" argument again...but thats what everything boils down too.

This earth didn't poof into existance and we didn't evolve from rocks or fish or apes! We were created by a Creator. Our Creator is somewhat wiser than we. If y'all need more info on this I'd be more than happy to provide it.

It comes down to the fact that there is an Authority that we need to abide by. There are so many examples of rules/laws in the Bible that were writen that are mainly for our benifit...

Homosexuality...AIDS

Drinking...If you dont know the bad sides to drinking please post so I cant address that topic too!

Monogamy...If you've been cheated on or decieved, you can understand that.

The list goes on. Sure people can say, "I have the right to do what I want to do! No GOD can tell me how to live my life!" I believe that in the end you will suffer more for doing thats...in this life is what Im speaking of...mainly.

Heres the link!

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2004/107/41.0.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
My fav was George Carlin's take on religion:


"...there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But he loves you! He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit"

:lol:

If ya haddn't noticed, I'm trying to lighten this thread up a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
TAI10 said:
My fav was George Carlin's take on religion:


"...there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But he loves you! He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit"

:lol:

If ya haddn't noticed, I'm trying to lighten this thread up a bit.
Hahaha. watch out for the lightning bolts.
 
1 - 20 of 303 Posts
Top