Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone besides me find themselves walking past their 10 and then just stopping to stare at it? You might be in the middle of something but then you happen to walk by and there you have it, a marvel of engineering.

It's like a magnet to my eyes. Look at those titanium headers, finely crafted frame spars, radial brakes, etc. These modern day sport bikes are so finely built and sophisticated that I find it hard to take my eyes off of them.

Think of all of the testing and retesting that was done on everything. Something like the header lengths, or the geometry of the front end, or maybe the calculated flex in the frame/swingarm, the ergonomics etc. All of this incredible work and thought poured into every aspect of the bike and the end result, if your lucky enough, sits in your garage every night. Sure cars might be more complex but something about the exotic craftsmanship of the sport bike is just perplexing. It's a real amazing thing to me to think that we own such an amazing piece of engineering that would otherwise be limited to race track tech and privilege.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but sometimes I just take a step back and realize why I love this damn thing so much! Am I the only one?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I'm not entirely sure, I googled, "Art of the Car and Art of the Car Gugenheim" and came up with nothing.

But there has been an, "Art of the Motorcycle" at the Gugenheim that then traveled around the country.

So I don't think it's just us and it's not just our bikes.

Here are some pics from the display in Orlando. I've posted them before but here ya go.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/miamimotorcyclist/Art of the Motorcycle/

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
WOW, Miami that is a twisted up header.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
WOW, Miami that is a twisted up header.
Yep, a bundle of snakes so to speak.

I still love that bike and what the guy accomplished back in 1994.
In case you didn't click the link above and see the other pics.

There is also a hippy mod lurking in that pic of the bike.:wink:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Okay, here it is.

This thread made me remember an oldtime, very creative member we used to have here.
The picture is gone but the words live on.

Before I left for work today, I walked out to the garage, and I....
But there she was...sitting there so sexy, a romantic piece of machined poetry.
A wavey rotor sets her-off in style, oh baby..why you do me like that?
I run my hands across the seat...and stick my nose in the exhaust pipe, and take a huge whiff! I don't know if I can wait another moment....do I really have to work today??Nah, of course not! But I really do, damn-it! Just a few more minutes alone with her, then I'll go...
I climb-up on the tank, lean over the front-end, and stare at her headlights upside-down. I inch forward even more...'till I'm hangin'-on the grips by my feet, and I'm huggin' the forks like a long-lost lover. I gently caress her front tire with the tip of my nose. Then I stop for a second because I don't want it to end too soon.
The phone rings, but I pay no mind to it. It's getting hot in here..maybe I should take some clothes off, yea? I double check the lock on the garage door, and I imagine how I could enhance the moment. Lights out...music on...Music LOUD, brotha!! Turn it up, man! Light one up, man....Mmmmmm...smells good in here now, I turn the fan on...We dance together...beep the horn, flash the lights....awe, baby...rev the frickin' engine LOUDER, mama! Head spining, garage floor is lava-like...with ocean waves crashing at her tires...Gotta get to work, soon, though! Just a minute or so more, ya know? There I am..and there she is,,I gotta leave her for a little bit..but I'll return soon enough. Then the weekend will be here. Alright, we'll have a good time then, ya know? Ah yea, man..I'll get right on top of her and show her some real good-lovin'. I'll ride 'er real good thru the hills.
Turn-up the smell in here, man! yeeeaaaaa.
I tell her to wait for me to come home, as she winks with an amber-colored flushmount. No doubt, sumthin's goin' on, yea?
So I say, love me 2 times baby..love me twice today, love me 2 time baby-I'm goin'g away. Love me 2time girl, once for tomorrow, once just for today....Love me 2 time, yea, I'm going awaaaaaaaaaay!
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10103

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hah Miami that's great!

I don't think I'm going that far though. I just get awestruck by the amount of time and smarts that go into the devlopment of these sport bikes. It's a real marvel.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Yes and no, Yes I find myself gawkin', no, it's not a 10r...

but yes, these bikes are ultra high performance, tuned, lightened, exotic metals, hydrolic frame forming, insane stresses, edge of the envelope, works of art.

they are the F-35 joint strike fighter of the ground. Piloted by the elite, truely appreciated by very few.

in the right hands they will do things that seem to defy gravity and the laws of physics.

they are so choice, if you have the means, I highly recomend you pick one up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes and no, Yes I find myself gawkin', no, it's not a 10r...

but yes, these bikes are ultra high performance, tuned, lightened, exotic metals, hydrolic frame forming, insane stresses, edge of the envelope, works of art.

they are the F-35 joint strike fighter of the ground. Piloted by the elite, truely appreciated by very few.

in the right hands they will do things that seem to defy gravity and the laws of physics.

they are so choice, if you have the means, I highly recomend you pick one up.

Yeah I'm talking about all of the modern sport bikes, not just the 10. They are just a real marvel.

I wouldn't say they are F35 JSFs though.... What a big flop. It was supposed to be so much cheaper than the 22 (but still retain most of the performance), but ended up costing quite a bit more than they thought. And word has it, the wing loading has made for maneuverability issues that make the 22 a dream in comparison. The "old" F15 is supposedly very competitive with the 35. Why not look into the silent eagle project a bit more?

I just hate how we spent so much time and money to make an alpha like the 22 and then just scrap the project in favor of a much less capable plane. IMO, the USAF needs an alpha that cannot be touched and it seems that the 22 was the one for the job.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Yeah, always thought the F-22 was better but what do I know.

Here is how you get the absolute optimal fighter aircraft. Let Lockheed, Martin, Boeing, some of the brits and germans, and even the french start racing them. Huge races all around the world with sexah ground crews and tarty "canopy girls". Then sell them to the 20something unmarried testostrone infused adrenaline junkies who just must have the plane that won on Sunday...

do that, and they would have the best plane at the lowest price.

HAHAHA sound fimiliar?

·
Registered
681 Posts
i've been out for about 4 weeks now from shoulder surgery, and the other day i didn't even notice it until after the fact, but i caught myself caressing the edge of the windscreen and saying quietly to my bike "i miss you" lmao. i cannot pass my bike without stopping and staring at it, i find myself going to the garage at 3 in the morning to smoke a cigarette and stare at my bike. i don't find anything wrong with that at all.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
yep every time, working in a fucking corporate culture with yoru average bimmers, benzes suvs and priuses parked out front

every time I walk by I stop and look back, or just keep staring at her

then the office bishes look at me like Im a mad man looking at my bike and not their perky little tits and short scirts

but I pay them no attention, I think, baby soon, I will get off work and we are going to be reunited, we are going to go and scare the living crap out of these mere mortals on the road

right up drop a couple gears while the bish is on the phone and wheelie past while her husband sits there and thinks, now if I was a real man and had the balls, while the wife sits there and thinks, god I wish my husgand made me wet like that, instead I have a little office bitch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts