Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone that has both 06-07 and the 08 try to swap gauges to see if they work?... I know alot of us are waiting to know including myself!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Did anyone that has both 06-07 and the 08 try to swap gauges to see if they work?... I know alot of us are waiting to know including myself!!:cool:
I would like to know to.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Looking at the 08 manual it looks like this is a GO......Direct and Identical signals plus connector for both the 2nd Gen. and 3rd Gen 10Rs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
But will the gear indicator work on a 2nd gen? If not I see no gain?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It should, it must work with tach and speed like an Acumen Gear Indicator. The only other signal that can make it happen is the ECU communication line but that is mostly for the Immobilizer and F1 indications.

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hmm someone fork over the $$$ & try it :mrgreen:... it would be nice to have an integrated gear indicator

Well, we all ready have members that can try because they own both bikes, Jimmy Jam is one of them but I don't think he wants to try :dontknow: I'm confused because he says he is an Engineer as reported in another Thread on what's safe to jump start a bike from a Car Battery and gave all the Ohms law facts and how it's no problem etc. etc. :lol:

Let's see if he is willing to try now :wink:

:popcorn:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well, I think most won't do it for the Gear Indicator anyway. It seems they just like the better face plate with the Big Numbers on the high end of the Tach and Green Colors on the Tach.

As some of you know I made my own Gear Indicator and no OEM unit is going to be better :headshake ....and to add some might not know but I run a 2nd Gen cluster on my 1st Gen bike(loose the f1 indication though) but if it had the bar graph fuel on this cluster I would be looking for a new Cluster right away but sadly it's no different than the 2nd Gens cluster other than the face plate and Gear Indicator so not a priority for me just giving out info. for those that are interested and hopefully someone in the future tries it but it may be awhile so put your :popcorn: away it most likely will spoil :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts