Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question from a newbie, will gasflowing/porting a cylinderhead work on the 08 as i`ve heard that they come flowed from the factory, and will it help to degree the camshafts, if so what degrees would you use on the intake and exhaust cams. My bike is fitted with a yoshi slip on with linkpipe, bmc filter and a dobec gen3 tfi. Bike has alot of power, but how much is enough?:helmet:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Being a newbie you'd want to leave your bike as it is, and you must believe me.
First off you should not start learning -the hard way- what is indeed a vast knowledge territory with a new 10R, or you'll be
most likely get your money stolen.

In any case, try the search button with strings like "cam timing" and read about people thoughts and experience about the subject.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the reply, here in south africa people are out to make a quick buck, i`ve had people telling me to port the head to grind the top part of the piston and to cut the barrels to get the compression up, i was told that this would cost about R25000-00 ($3200), i suppose i have not yet learnt after crashing my 07 with 1200km on the clock. the 10 is just awesome.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There are definate gains that you can achieve from a port and polish and a 5 angle valve job. But being a new rider learn how-to push your bike to the max before you add more power as I'm sure your not using all the power the bike has at this point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have not been on the site for some time, my bike does 160 hp on a dynojet dyno, will adding a pc3 or pc5 make any difference as the dobeck tfi seems to make the bike sluggish, the yoshi slip on looks good but how well does it work. The baffle box was removed and i had a link pipe installed without the tfi the bike felt really strong. Any help will be great as here in south africa no one will give you a honest answer the will tell you that their product is the best just because they sell it. Any help will be great.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
have not been on the site for some time, my bike does 160 hp on a dynojet dyno, will adding a pc3 or pc5 make any difference as the dobeck tfi seems to make the bike sluggish, the yoshi slip on looks good but how well does it work. The baffle box was removed and i had a link pipe installed without the tfi the bike felt really strong. Any help will be great as here in south africa no one will give you a honest answer the will tell you that their product is the best just because they sell it. Any help will be great.
putting a pc on the bike will allow you to further tune the bike to make more power..I would recommend you do that with a good full system pipe and then learn how to ride the bike from that point..once you have conquered that step than ask for more power...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What system will you suggest? i known there are many threads wrt this subject but in SA exhaust systems are pricey, and with a full system would you not lose torque?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just put a AKROPOVIC on and be done with it.I have one on my 08 zx10r and my 07 zx14.Great power all the way to redline. More then enough power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts