Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been addressed before, but, what is the deal with the squealing tank after a ride. Damn thing sounds like it's trying to connect to a modem in Outer Mongolia. I'm assuming it from a low gas tank level. It seems to get worse as the tank gets more empty. Just asking cause it's the first 10R I've owned.

Just a little insight please, Thanks!

·
T Double D
870 Posts
mine does it too so did my 636 never worried about it myself

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Yeah, its been addressed a few hundred imes or so...lol

Just air....pop the tank open if you want it to stop

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I think some dood on Kawiforums did a write up to drill a little hole to ix the problem. . .

·
Registered
86 Posts
This has probably been addressed before, but, what is the deal with the squealing tank after a ride. Damn thing sounds like it's trying to connect to a modem in Outer Mongolia. I'm assuming it from a low gas tank level. It seems to get worse as the tank gets more empty. Just asking cause it's the first 10R I've owned.

Just a little insight please, Thanks!
Your gas tank is venting. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's a vacuum! Happens most generally when I have had a ride near empty or the last quarter of the tank. Basically the fuel has drained faster than the void has been replaced by air....creating low pressure (a vacuum). The tank is trying and weezing to suck some air in through the cracks and gaps between the tank and the gas gap. If you open the tank to fill er up, you will here a popping sound of air rushing in. No big deal. If I'm not mistaken this may have been a problem on older model high performance sport bikes and they compensated by using an air tube from the ram air to supply the gas cap with a steady supply or air, so as to not hold up the fuel from draining out the bottom due to the vacuum effect. But these days I don't see that air feeder tube at the gas cap anymore! And it certainly isn't a problem with the Kawis.

Correct me if I'm wrong folks

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You need that vacuum to help keep the fuel down at the bottom of the tank while riding around.
It's working properly when you hear it whine afterwards.
If you drill that tank your causing more harm.
Open the tank after a ride,10-15 minutes afterwards if it bothers you that much.
When it's hissing or whining it's trying to release pressure inside your tank,the hot motor is cooking the inards of the tank,and it's hissing thru the cap assembly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You need that vacuum to help keep the fuel down at the bottom of the tank while riding around.
It's working properly when you hear it whine afterwards.
If you drill that tank your causing more harm.
Open the tank after a ride,10-15 minutes afterwards if it bothers you that much.
When it's hissing or whining it's trying to release pressure inside your tank,the hot motor is cooking the inards of the tank,and it's hissing thru the cap assembly.

I think I stand corrected, whether its high pressure or low pressure it seems the weezing is perfectly normal....like pussy farts no? hahahahaha wouldnt drill a new vagina in ur woman caused she queefed would ya?

Yes thats my new line!!! Sinse I call my zx10 "the Baroness"...it's only fitting after a good hard ride I built up some pressure inside her and she queefs a little!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i had the same problemo.....try changing different brand of gas, ofcourse 91 octane....i use chevron now and seems the noise has disappeared:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts