Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my gast tank to green from black. Mine is 2011 the black one has 2 total exits (small metal nips with a small hose goes down) the green one is from 13 i think it has 3, two red n blue on the right and small one in the middle. The blue and red i closed 1 and hosed one down but now i smell gas and see small drops coming out of it, these into go evap canister or what theyre for anyway? Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
it goes to the charcoal canister mounted in the right side fairing, opposite side of the bike as your regulator/rectifier is located. It should be in the service manual somewhere (prob under fuel/emissions portion) along with which hose routes to which piece.

I have the same deal on my gas tank and had the canister as well, but I have removed mine. I plugged the 2 (1 red and 1 blue) holes with rubber caps and zip tied them to secure them. I have used it like that for the past 3 or 4 years without issue, caps still on as well (checked like 3 days ago when I removed the tank). Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah, cap off the red and blue ports on the tank like described above.. or just run a hose from the blue side and loop it around to the red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts