Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! new zx10 picked up a few days ago. When i shut it down after a minute or so i hear a hissing and almost.....(it is strange)......like the noise of dial up internet when logging on noise.........gas escaping the tank. So i pop the fuel fill up latch and is pops and hisses out of the top and stops.
Is this happening to anyone else?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had just asked this question a couple days ago. i guess it's a kawasaki thing?? none of my other buddy's bikes do it, but mine does...oh well...i still have a better bike than them!! haha

·
Registered
161 Posts
Me 06 is a hisser also...does it on and off sometimes for hours after parkin her. I dont care how much she bitches I am still gonna beat her good!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
189 Posts
its a fuel pressure release valve..release's all the pressure out of the tank by it self... i asked kawi the other day...and everytime u pop ur gas tank, it sounds like a fresh can of soda being open.lol...yah but thats what it is..

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The heat causes your gas tank to build up pressure and its just a little bit of air squeezing out. Its all good, everyones does it. Just about all bikes should do it. My dad's 12 does it just like the 10 does. Its nothing to worry about though! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I get it now but NOT many bikes , well any that I have had have NEVER done this! but this is my first KAWI. 5th bike now and never heard it before!
but now i know! thanks all

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
SiCkAzZtEn said:
its a fuel pressure release valve..release's all the pressure out of the tank by it self... i asked kawi the other day...and everytime u pop ur gas tank, it sounds like a fresh can of soda being open.lol...yah but thats what it is..
:+1:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
The fuel cap works just like a radiator cap with springs and a diaphragm , hissing is normal and will stop you from over pressurizing not only the tank but the rest of the fuel system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kawy reps told me to live with it, but not in those words. got a new gas cap, same thing! my problem solver is a boz brothers moira slash cut pipe. she is really loud. only time i hear a hiss is when she sits. i have had many bikes,makes,models, this is the only one that bitches 2me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts