Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As gas prices continue to rise with no end in sight, I'm curious to see the prices of gas in your area.

What's the price of gas in your area circa 17 Mar 08 and where?

Wichita Falls, TX
$3.14
87 octane

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
$3.45 for 87

$3.99 for 93

:headshake

upstate NY economy is going right down the shitter, fast. i live in a small city & most areas around are very rural, people cant afford this rapid increase in everything.. :sad:

·
Registered
798 Posts
pretty much everyone in the area is 3.19 for reg

and 3.45 for premium (thats the cheapest i found)

of course my car takes premium i need a scooter

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Lakeland, FL
about 3.15 a gallonf or 87

One thing i have noticed is that they dont raise the price by 10 cents for each upgrade in octane (between 87, 89, and 93). It is not uncommon to see 93 octane for 30 cents more than 87

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
$3.63 Bay Area, California.
This is no surprise to me...We were spoiled by low gas prices when other countries were paying dearly 10 years earlier.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Don't even get me started. People complaining about high gas prices doesn't change anything. I hear it everyday and it gets a bit annoying. Just live with the reality that the more money we demand the higher the cost of living. As a business owner that provides goods or a service if you made $1.00 today you're not going to want to make $.99 tomorrow. That's just human nature. With all these lobbyists wanting to raise minimum wage it directly effects the cost of living. The business have to pay more to make the same product or provide the same service so they will charge more or cut jobs to keep making that $1.00 not $.99. As far as the cost of oil and price of gas until there are federal or state mandates on pricing there is no limiting factor to what gas and oil companies will charge. The only factor right now is competition. An please people stop blaming high gas prices on the War in Iraq that's absurd. The cost to refine the crude oil has skyrocketed according to friends I know that work in the refineries (Tesoro, Martinez, CA.)

But any ways to answer your question Chevron is $3.86 for 91. At cheap o mart gas stations you're looking $3.74 on average for 91.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
$3.25 for 89 here in PA
cross into Jerz and it's $2.99 for 89....

Gas prices are just zzzz. I wonder what 116 octane and the track is going for. This year I am sure it's going to be crazzzzzzzy

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Prince William, Northern VA,

Saw it for 3.19 for 87 yesterday, 3.39 for premium.

Can find as cheap as 3.09 probably depending on where you go.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It may be more expensive to produce the oil than it was. But why in Florida do we have to pay 30 cents a gallon for state taxes. And also, why did Exxon have profits of $36.13billion last year. With profits like that, it seems we are being overcharged in my opinion

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
here in lafayette, IN it moves 10 times a day. not exaggerating at the beginning of the week it was 3.59 for unleaded. now its 3.24 for unleaded. so itll keep falling than sky rocket back over. than repeat

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Don't even get me started. People complaining about high gas prices doesn't change anything. I hear it everyday and it gets a bit annoying. Just live with the reality that the more money we demand the higher the cost of living. As a business owner that provides goods or a service if you made $1.00 today you're not going to want to make $.99 tomorrow. That's just human nature. With all these lobbyists wanting to raise minimum wage it directly effects the cost of living. The business have to pay more to make the same product or provide the same service so they will charge more or cut jobs to keep making that $1.00 not $.99. As far as the cost of oil and price of gas until there are federal or state mandates on pricing there is no limiting factor to what gas and oil companies will charge. The only factor right now is competition. An please people stop blaming high gas prices on the War in Iraq that's absurd. The cost to refine the crude oil has skyrocketed according to friends I know that work in the refineries (Tesoro, Martinez, CA.)

But any ways to answer your question Chevron is $3.86 for 91. At cheap o mart gas stations you're looking $3.74 on average for 91.

everything we depend on is going up because of fuel prices, thats the irritating part. if goods would stay the same, u wouldnt hear about it as much.. but goods are going up nearly as fast as fuel... my pay hasnt gone up since gas has, im sure others havent either... so it gets a bit annoying...

i realize why goods have to rise, we have a family business. our prices have jumped faster than anytime i can remember... which sux for the folks.. but what can u do, u have to survive.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
everything we depend on is going up because of fuel prices, thats the irritating part. if goods would stay the same, u wouldnt hear about it as much.. but goods are going up nearly as fast as fuel... my pay hasnt gone up since gas has, im sure others havent either... so it gets a bit annoying...
I'm not saying everyones pay has gone up. People who are making middle class wages like myself have not gotten raises or pay increases. It the people working for minimum wage that have consistantly gotten raises over the past decade. Don't get me wrong minimum wage is a good thing but it should be mandated and if increased at small increments. Here in California it has jumped nearly $2.00 per hour within the past 5 years. The reason people need more money and why the economy is the way it is is people do not know how to budget their money. Everyone self indulges and buys everything on credit. People playing the Equity game. People that make $1.00 but spend $1.25. That complain about high prices. I don't make alot of money but I get buy with 2 kids and a wife to support at 24. Why because I budget correctly. I live within my means.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It may be more expensive to produce the oil than it was. But why in Florida do we have to pay 30 cents a gallon for state taxes. And also, why did Exxon have profits of $36.13billion last year. With profits like that, it seems we are being overcharged in my opinion
I said the same thing a few weeks ago to my Barber and he said "it's our fault" "we set the prices"

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's because fuel is not federally mandated. The states can charge whatever amount they want in tax. Each state is differnent. Also Exxon reported earnings were their Gross profit not net. $36.13 billion is not including cost of production.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That's because fuel is not federally mandated. The states can charge whatever amount they want in tax. Each state is differnent. Also Exxon reported earnings were their Gross profit not net. $36.13 billion is not including cost of production.
actually it was 40.4 a record high

1 - 20 of 80 Posts