Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,396 Posts
I'm out of fuel around 115-120 miles. Which is 185-193 kilometers in your language. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bro... thanks for the info... look like your bike perform better than mine in term of gas mileage.... mine gen5 fuel warning will start blinking around 140-150km.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,396 Posts
SkyDork ride like a pussy dude :ROFLMAO:
Um, I have no argument against that statement. :p

My actual fuel mileage shows an average in the upper 20 mpg range. I usually don't ever ride until the actual light comes on and track it all that way. Plus I fill the tank to the fuel hits the fueling neck while holding the bike upright. I fill it while sitting on the bike and holding it uptight. I get more fuel in the tank that way. ;):geek: Sounds like you're not putting enough fuel in it with only 12 "liters" . Fill it up more!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skydork... you are right... all this while I fill up the tank with the bike on side stand. Will do that next refuel ... thanks bro.(y)

·
Registered
ZX10RR
360 Posts
I get arround 13/14 km/l in average. If you ride it hard, you get less than 10, if you go slow its over 17

·
Registered
2011 ZX-10R. Black bikes matter!
67 Posts
Skydork... you are right... all this while I fill up the tank with the bike on side stand. Will do that next refuel ... thanks bro.(y)
I can actually get my bike to hold more fuel when it is on the kickstand. Due to the design of the filler neck, when the bike is fueled in the upright position the space between the bottom of the neck and the top of the tank is just wasted empty space.

When you fill it on the stand, the fuel sloshes to the left side, allowing you to burp the air out and get more fuel in.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,396 Posts
I can actually get my bike to hold more fuel when it is on the kickstand. Due to the design of the filler neck, when the bike is fueled in the upright position the space between the bottom of the neck and the top of the tank is just wasted empty space.

When you fill it on the stand, the fuel sloshes to the left side, allowing you to burp the air out and get more fuel in.
I've never had really happen. I know what you mean, but I can sloth the fuel around to burp the air out slightly. On the sidestand, the right side of the tank is much higher than the filler neck itself, so whenever I'd straighten the bike after that the fuel level would go down more in the filler neck from where it normally is. As the fuel goes up into the neck a little bit, it will burble as the air comes out but a quick shimmy while it's upright helps with that and I've never had a problem.

My habit for fueling up is based on me being righthanded. I pull up to the pump with on my right side, put my feet down, open the cap, grab the pump with my right hand, start squirting the gas in, and replace the nozzle when I'm done. It's awkward if the pump is on the left side and the bike is leaning left and I don't want the hose dangling over the tank if the bike is leaned over and I'm off of it. I'm in and out quicker if I don't have to get off the bike. ;)

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,101 Posts
I had this thought that you get better mileage beside power gain after you do flash whatsoever... I guess I was wrong. 😬
My milage went to shit but I gained cooler temps and more power overall as well as a smoother ride around town. Plus hearing change didn't help milage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts