Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what the Gen4 owners are gettin out of a tank mileage wise. My fuel light comes on at about 105 miles. Is this right? I ride around at a moderate to spirited pace but I have a hard time believing the Gen4's fuel economy sucks this bad.

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
I'm just wondering what the Gen4 owners are gettin out of a tank mileage wise. My fuel light comes on at about 105 miles. Is this right? I ride around at a moderate to spirited pace but I have a hard time believing the Gen4's fuel economy sucks this bad.
I get about 40ish when cruising.. Yours has a mpg tracker on it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,871 Posts
Yeah, that's about right. Let me ask you this...you bought a ZX-10 expecting good empeegees??? :lol: They make a Vespa for that sort of thing.

It's gets 32mpg cruising at 90mph. It's got a 4 gal tank. The best you'll ever really see is in the 100-120 mile range per tank. The light comes on early so 105 on the odo is about right. Forget about it and twist the throttle!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a 2010 and now a 2015 zx-10 and they both get about 100-120 a tank. And that's with -1+2. I sure didn't buy them for the mileage.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, big change frim my Gen3's and Gen1's. Oh well.......It is what it is.

·
The Pace
7,044 Posts
Fuel light comes on early, so still have more than a gallon left. I fill mine to the very top, to the lip.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Damn, big change frim my Gen3's and Gen1's. Oh well.......It is what it is.
My son and I rode this weekend, filled up same time and he ran out of gas about a mile and a half before the gas station on his Gen 3 and my Gen 4 made it no problems. Pace was moderate to fast.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My last Gen3 was tuned to the hilt, so i imagine that played a big part.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm running 16/42 gearing gen4, love to gas it, no idea what gas milage Im getting. However it's better than my ex pickup truck, and way more fun. Dont put riflemans throttle insert on it tho, he now owes me gas money lol. (because it works to well)

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
True story. One time I forgot to bring my hat which normally gets stored in the tail section. Big improvement, the bike felt so nimble and I could flick it way easier. Now I just walk around with helmet hair but it's worth it. :badteeth:
Just add 1/5th of a turn of preload, that'll make a huge improvement.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have a gen 3 so I can't really comment. I just know I was off my game today running my circle. I was able to figure out though that when I put on my chain lube I had added one extra revolution more than normal. Once I was able to wipe a little off I was back to groovin it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ok soo something weird about the gas mileage thing..
I get about 100-110 per tank before the light comes on and the average mpg I am getting says 34 but on a recent trip from san francisco to sacramento I made it using 2.3 gallons. And I may or may not have been going triple digits.. Expected to use way more more gas than that lmao

1 - 17 of 17 Posts