Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a question for hunters or if theres any game wardens.
I removed a hunting stand from my property and Im not giving it back to the hunter cause he was trespassing.
So he said he would call the Game Warden i said go ahead cause you are now and were trespassing when you put the stand up in my tree.

He says he will take me to court so i can pay/or get the stand cause it was his friends and his friend put it there and wants it back.

what can the Game Warden do to me?:dontknow:
I know nothing bout hunting
The land is private property and its also farmland No signs are posted cause its farmland.
I know some most people would be mad about lossing something but when you tell these people constantly to stay off being nice and they still do it. I consider this(taking the stand) being nice cause i could of called the cops. Not to mention he drove spikes into my F*kn Tree.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
turn the stand over to the game warden.

Each state is different in its laws. Without posted No Hunting signs, you may not be in the right.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turn the stand over to the game warden.

Each state is different in its laws. Without posted No Hunting signs, you may not be in the right.
Didnt think of that.
Yeah we looked it up a few years ago for farmland in NJ It said no signs have to be posted on farmland, unless it changed.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Didnt think of that.
Yeah we looked it up a few years ago for farmland in NJ It said no signs have to be posted on farmland, unless it changed.
Either way call the authorities and find out, but so far you've done nothing wrong.

We've done the same thing before, taken a person's stand down because it was on property that they had no permission to be on, and had no hunting signs posted as well.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
you could be charged with larceny. even though he was trespassing, if you take his property and willfully refuse to return it he can charge you for larceny. is your property posted for no trespassing? if not, he technically is not trespassing, he has to be told not to be on the property. if he is told and remains,then he is trespassing, if he is told to leave and not to return, then he returns he is trespassing. check with your states laws on that it may be different from state to state. what i would do is (if your land is posted) say yeah i'll give your stand back, then go charge him with trespassing. first make him prove it was his, kinda hard without serial numbers, or any identifing marks. if you found it on your property, finders keepers. if its been "abandoned" on your property he must not have wanted it. charge him for damage to property for damaging your tree, then id do the trespassing, and if you really wanted to be a p.i.t.a. charge him for illegal dumping(littering) for leaving his property on yours. lots of ways to deal with this. tell him to call the game warden, the talk to him to get it best resolved. but be sure to go out and post your property in the mean time if you have not already.

·
Registered
586 Posts
you could be charged with larceny. even though he was trespassing, if you take his property and willfully refuse to return it he can charge you for larceny. is your property posted for no trespassing? if not, he technically is not trespassing, he has to be told not to be on the property. if he is told and remains,then he is trespassing, if he is told to leave and not to return, then he returns he is trespassing. check with your states laws on that it may be different from state to state. what i would do is (if your land is posted) say yeah i'll give your stand back, then go charge him with trespassing. first make him prove it was his, kinda hard without serial numbers, or any identifing marks. if you found it on your property, finders keepers. if its been "abandoned" on your property he must not have wanted it. charge him for damage to property for damaging your tree, then id do the trespassing, and if you really wanted to be a p.i.t.a. charge him for illegal dumping(littering) for leaving his property on yours. lots of ways to deal with this. tell him to call the game warden, the talk to him to get it best resolved. but be sure to go out and post your property in the mean time if you have not already.
Like he previously stated, farmland in jersey doesn't require no trespassing signs for you to be in the wrong. As they always say, ignorance is no excuse.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
agreed ignorance is no excuse. he also asked what could the game warden do to him if he did not return the stand. likewise for the owner of the stand. i also advised to check with the state laws to be on the safe side, as well as letting the game warden handle it or local law enforcement. i was merely giving him possible outcomes and different possibilities to deal with the owner of the stand. no harm intended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts