Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving for Road Atlanta on Thursday for a track day and just installed my Brembo Master and new Galfer lines, one of the lines has a bad connection between the line and the metal receptical that attaches to the master. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt bleed my brakes and then I noticed a hissing and fluid seeping out of the joint. I have had Galfer lines on all of my bikes and this is the first one that I have had this issue with. I am sure I just got a bad line. Is there a Galfer member on here? :dontknow:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am leaving for Road Atlanta on Thursday for a track day and just installed my Brembo Master and new Galfer lines, one of the lines has a bad connection between the line and the metal receptical that attaches to the master. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt bleed my brakes and then I noticed a hissing and fluid seeping out of the joint. I have had Galfer lines on all of my bikes and this is the first one that I have had this issue with. I am sure I just got a bad line. Is there a Galfer member on here? :dontknow:
Brembo MC huh? Some or the banjos can be a bit thiner, not sure if it's galfer, & Brembo can be very tight with the tolerances.

Try this first: stack two of the brakeline washers bettween the top of the banjo and the MC tighten and rebleed (you can reuse one of the ones that came with the stock lines for this purpose). This should fix the problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the lines.

Brembo MC huh? Some or the banjos can be a bit thiner, not sure if it's galfer, & Brembo can be very tight with the tolerances.

Try this first: stack two of the brakeline washers bettween the top of the banjo and the MC tighten and rebleed (you can reuse one of the ones that came with the stock lines for this purpose). This should fix the problem.
It is the banjo stainless side, not banjo brembo side. There is fluid leaking out of where the brake line connects to the banjo. the metal piece that fits over the line. It is not the connection to the master, it is coming from under the sleeve of the banjo connector. It is a bad line. The problem is, I need a new line asap.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It is the banjo stainless side, not banjo brembo side. There is fluid leaking out of where the brake line connects to the banjo. the metal piece that fits over the line. It is not the connection to the master, it is coming from under the sleeve of the banjo connector. It is a bad line. The problem is, I need a new line asap.
Ah sorry didn't get that from your first post..... Talk to Galfer directly for a replacement, but if your stuck you might find some one to put a new banjo on it. I had a custom line (made from Goodridge parts/line) made at a Harley shop of all places. I'd bet to replace one banjo wouldn't cost too much.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Idea, I am going to make a call tomorrow.

Ah sorry didn't get that from your first post..... Talk to Galfer directly for a replacement, but if your stuck you might find some one to put a new banjo on it. I had a custom line (made from Goodridge parts/line) made at a Harley shop of all places. I'd bet to replace one banjo wouldn't cost too much.
I am stuck, I am going to try that tomorrow. Thanks for the ideal!:eek:ccasion1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts