Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't speak on the first brand, but I've tried the Galfer wave rotors on my track R1, and honestly I can say the braking performance decreased with them. The stock rotors had significantly better initial bite and braking power. I may have lost a pound here or there, but it wasn't worth the $600 I paid for lackluster braking. I immediately went back to the stock rotors.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mikdivad said:
I can't speak on the first brand, but I've tried the Galfer wave rotors on my track R1, and honestly I can say the braking performance decreased with them. The stock rotors had significantly better initial bite and braking power. I may have lost a pound here or there, but it wasn't worth the $600 I paid for lackluster braking. I immediately went back to the stock rotors.
Wow, that is something that I never expected to hear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you really want better braking performance and lighter weight, I've been told that the Brembo race rotors are the only way to go for about the same price as the Galfer. They don't look quite as cool, but they are the bizness.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The wave rotors are used quite often in World SuperSport and braking is pretty critical to those guys. I would suspect that the poor performance on the R1 might be due to other factors. But I do second the comment about the Brembo rotors. Whatever material they use in the Brembos must be really special. Great brakes with almost no wear in 23,000 miles on the Ducati I get to ride from time to time.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The front's are 1oz heavier, I think that is what slava & I got when we weighed them.
I talked to Brad at superbike supply and he said I would feel minimal difference and be pissed I spent $600. Save that money towards the Braketech CMC rotors or some wheels. Those CMC's are supposed to be bad ass, but you have to be over 80mph to feel the gyro difference in weight and on the street the testers couldn't tell much of a difference other than lower temperature..but they save almost as much as wheels do so why not?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
majtii said:
I would buy a new pump (ISR) before new rotors.
Just my 2 cents.
ISR levers are fucking bad ass! i have sold alot of them here in the states. top quality levers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had Galfers on my TLR along with a complete Gixxer K4 front end[radials]and a Brembo radial master cylinder.I tried the standard discs as well as the waveys and to be honest i got more feel with the standard discs!!!....but the waveys looked FOOKING well smart!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
What about these?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
1killer1liter said:
What about these?
Those are nice Galfers but for around $900 I will pass. Went into indysuperbikes and one of the guys there let me hold one. They are very nice and I think they would really work.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have the brembo radial MC and galfer lines, but I still think the brakes suck. I was running the same setup on my 954 and the braking power so much better. The CMC's are too expensive. I am looking for something around the price of the galfer waves. Anyone have any experience with the ferado ultra lights - ductile iron rotors?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
zeta xray said:
The wave rotors are used quite often in World SuperSport and braking is pretty critical to those guys.
Yeah, braking is critical, but so is sponsorship money. These guys don't always use the best stuff because of that. If they can still win on inferior equipment, and make more money(or spend less money) they will.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ran the Ferodo rotors on my last two race bikes and they are awesome. Brembo master, -2 lines and Ferodo rotors with the Ferodo CP911* pads is the absolute best brake setup I have used.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Am I the only person that thinks the stock brakes kick ass? Granted maybe not for full race but if your going that route don't they make C/F rotors?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
Those are nice Galfers but for around $900 I will pass. Went into indysuperbikes and one of the guys there let me hold one. They are very nice and I think they would really work.
Pics gone but I take it those were the galfer superbike wave rotors? If so tell me about them lol...I want something that looks better performs better and weighs less...I asked brad to qoute me the price on these already looked at PVM those look nice too and same with brake tech they all look nice just reading to see which ones to go with...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts