Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running the galfer front wave rotors on the track and street? Which pads are you using and how are they working out for you?
Not the superbike rotors to much$$$. :dontknow:
Is this a worthwhile up grade?
I already did the lines.

thanks

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
am running them and the HH gold pads on the street,.big improvement over the stock stuff!...also have the Galfer stainless lines too!......I wanna up grade to the zx14 calipers though.people have told me I will feel even a bigger difference once I do that!....bu tI am happy with the results so far!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm running the Wave rotors (300mm), Superbike lines, HH pads, ZX-6 radial m/c, and CBR1K calipers. I did see a small improvement with the rotors/pads combo but the real improvement was the calipers. IMO unless you're running on the track for lap times I think the stock rotors work pretty well.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I put on a set after I warped the stock ones at Roebling been great no complaints:thumbsup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am setting up a set of wheels for track use but they need rotors so just checking around for any bad reviews on the waves before i buy in.. thanks for the input.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
am running them and the HH gold pads on the street,.big improvement over the stock stuff!...also have the Galfer stainless lines too!......I wanna up grade to the zx14 calipers though.people have told me I will feel even a bigger difference once I do that!....bu tI am happy with the results so far!
hey I recomend u do the zx14 calippers I did it and the difference is alot! I'm looking to do the rotors next year I'm runnin the zx14 calippers with fren tubo brake lines and I luv the improfment can wait to do the rotors

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Been running the Galfer wave rotors on my 2005 zx6R since 06, and love them..
only 2 1/2 ounces lighter than stock but they take some heat and beatings on track ro street and no issues with over 5,000 miles on them and at least 1,500 miles of that is trackdays.

I had used the stock tokicos-with Galfer HH pads worked good
then ZX14 calipers-with SBS sintered street-worked damn good
been running brembo monoblocks-SBS sintered street-perfection

I run these on my zx10r as well, with SBS sintered Race & after 5 trackdays and road use they have some noticable wear on them..the SBS race also requires some heat as do the brembo billet HP calipers.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Better yet... I have a set of 09 calipers you could match to a set of 320 wave rotors.... ya...that's the ticket! (seriously)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts