Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the superbike lines and was into the install, attached the lines to the master and the line doesnt line up well with my calipers. I can twist the line to make it fit but it doesnt look like the ends were installed at the right angle to fit my calipers. Has anyone else had this problem before?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct years.

You may have them oriented wrong , you did get Gen 11 and not Gen 1 lines correct ?
the package said 06-07. I tried them both ways and was/am really starting think I am an idiot. Unfortunatly my bike is stored at my parents house, an hour away and I can not monkey with them until this weekend. I have installed lines before without any trouble, never the superbikes though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I installed my SBK lines from the caliper up tp the master cylinder (the 636 radial mount) on an '04 ZX10R. I had no problems with the install.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great idea

I installed my SBK lines from the caliper up tp the master cylinder (the 636 radial mount) on an '04 ZX10R. I had no problems with the install.
That is a great idea, I am going to try that. I never thought of that. I have heard some on this board saying the superbike lines leak??? Any issues with yours? They look sweet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put superbike lines from my 01 gsxr on my gen2 with zx14 master and calipers no problems so far and awesome brakes. stock was the worst ever.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stock sucks

When I pulled the fluid out of my stock set up, there was more air bubbles, it looked like i just opened a coke. I realized, i probably just needed to properly bleed my brakes but I already had the superbike lines.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
That is a great idea, I am going to try that. I never thought of that. I have heard some on this board saying the superbike lines leak??? Any issues with yours? They look sweet.
Both sets of mine leaked (04 and 06) when torqued to the specifications, I was able to get both sets to not leak by admitedly overtorquing the fitings, this is obviously not recomended as the fitings are brittle and can crack. I just very slightly increased torque on them until they did not leak. Once I got them to not leak, I have had them off and on a few times and never had any issues with leaking, it was like they had to be seated on the fitings or something, weird, alot of other owners of them have had issues with leakage as well. I would say use at you own risk, they do look the cats meow though, thye will stay on my bike.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I haven't had any leaks in mine. You are suppose to keep an eye on them, I believe they're supposed to be torqued to 6 lbs-ft, something really low. I just use a tiny wrench and give it a good snug fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts