Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the install of the Galfer superbike lines this weekend. They look KILLER on... They work well too. The install was good EXCEPT I had to shave the lip off of the master cylinder where the lines attach with the banjo bolt at the lever. You will see what I mean... The lines just touch the ram air tube when at full left turn, however it is just barely touching, so it's not that big of a deal. Without shaving off the lip on the master cylinder, the lines won't allow the bars to turn even close to full left... Just an FYI for those considering those lines. Here is a link to my gallery so you can see them installed...

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jmb_kc/

If you have a black bike, you will LOVE them... Check it out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ordered the stainless/silver. We'll see how it looks. I really like what you did with the tank bracket and bolts for the dampener. Consider that idea stolen.

Sweet bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice tank sticker :D

Where did you get those front signals, and how well do they work?

Couldn't really get a feel for what you were talking about with the brake lines- could you post some more pics?

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
trackaddict, where did you get those turn signals? they look trick.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,648 Posts
I just put on the Galfer lines yesterday, but i didnt have to shave anything, I remember looking at a post that had the lines low and forward of the stays on the mastercylinder. They dont touch at all, but when i go home ill check it again.

yea i got the blue (they look sort of aqua green) with the black bike.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the where the lines were hitting the ram air intake... Couldn't be only me?... There was no way around it.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,648 Posts
well i was balling testing all my new gear out MRA screen (garbage) it directs a hi amount of air directly at the top of you head and the side so if you turn your head durring a 150mph tight sweeper it forces your head all the way back, it scared all fuck out of me, thought i was in grade school again and the teacher caught me stairing at the hot chick,

oh yea brake lines, well it was a assed out night..rear sets in the wrong position (my fault)

but i got to squeze the brakes and to my surprise fluid sprays all over the place (yea going hi 160's i was like ohhh fuckkkkkk) that and the fucking MRA i almost ran smack into a semi!!!!

oh well back to LP screen, MRA WAS GOOD UP TO ABOUT 145MPH THEN IT WAS HELL, GOOD FOR DRAGGERS I GUESS

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Von, what the hell came loose? you're lucky you didn't hose down the tire w/ brake fluid.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
gladding24 said:
Von, what the hell came loose? you're lucky you didn't hose down the tire w/ brake fluid.
gladding you've got a new avatar, has been two days already? Is that the same chick, it's hard to tell from this angle?

Von, whats with the 160 mph brake line test runs?! You've got my vote for the forums craziest mofo. :eek:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Andy, Vane was either getting tired of, or horny from, looking at my ass, so I thought it best to change it. I wouldn't want you guys getting bored of my pics.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,648 Posts
Andy said:
gladding24 said:
gladding you've got a new avatar, has been two days already? Is that the same chick, it's hard to tell from this angle?

Von, whats with the 160 mph brake line test runs?! You've got my vote for the forums craziest mofo. :eek:

It leak near the top..once again its my fault, Galfer said use 12 to 15 lbs of torque, so it was so late i didnt want to goto my pops house to borrow his torque wrench (mines is off and a piece of shit) , i just use strain of my balls technique lol lol

anyway here is the details:

i tested the brake line in the city (no more than 40 mph break downs stop)

did it for a while multiple times (6 to 7 miles worth) so i thought they was good, didnt see that much difference (sad)

so after the hospital trip to see a friend, (about 12:30am) my boy is like ""you want to take a lil blast?"",

im like sure i want to test the MRA out!!

so the belt way was ahhh sort of light traffic, but normally that time of night i can count how many cars and trucks i see on one or two hands.

so i goto balling mainly to test the MRA not the brakes.

at the time of the break scare i had already found out the screen really pushes hard against my head if i turn it,

my boy on his R1 takes the lead and im following

its a average run not too exciting since i know i can take him in power heee heee heee,

i do know he is a better rider since he is the one that taught me and got me doing all these crazy things, lol lol

so i decide to pick up the pace to test the screen again so i just twist the throttle back (instead of droping a gear) and over power my boy hee heee it was fun...

then i come up on these 3 semis

and they are just start to spread across the beltway (on ramp),

mind you i have plenty of time to manuver, but instead of downshifting i take note of where my boy is (far right lane) and im like ""fuckit""

im going to just use the new brakes to slow down to see if it makes a hi speed difference in feel.

i did that while tuck and i notice the handle wasnt that firm as earlier

(a slow firm squeeze) and i notice drops on my MRA, im like RAIN??

then it hit me, FUCKIN BRAK LINES...

so my heart sort of spiked as if someone took a lil needle and prict it, my instinks made me look at the lines, but the second i turned my head the fuckin wind pushed it to far, so i had a baby panic since i was getting close to the trucks (all on my right side).

head straight angled around the trucks graduly slowed down some and tryied to give my boy a signal about the breaks, his dumb ass took off!

must have thought i wanted to do a roll on..... fugger lol lol

i felt the brakes ..

it was still firm and i said fuck it also, click down one and caught back up with him.

still blasted anyway since i hardly use my breaks for hi speed runs and went home.

Update: i tighten it some more it dont seem to leak but i havent rode it to test it (rain)

im just wondering if i killed the crush washer when i first installed it. ive seen it happen when im installing pluming but not sure on this.

time will tell .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts