Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the Galfer lines?

Both of my lines seem to be leaking from the point where the braided steel goes into the fitting that is compressed around it. (superbike lines)

I have only had the lines on for about 2 weeks, and they both look like they are leaking from that point.

Anyone else had any problems?

·
Registered
36 Posts
kwakman said:
Has anyone else had a problem with the Galfer lines?

Both of my lines seem to be leaking from the point where the braided steel goes into the fitting that is compressed around it. (superbike lines)

I have only had the lines on for about 2 weeks, and they both look like they are leaking from that point.

Anyone else had any problems?
i have the same lines, have had no issues, but i have a track day tommorrow so i will inspect them before i get out there, i will let you know if i find anything.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I've had the SB lines for about 6 weeks now... no leaks here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Call our office directly. 1-800-685-6633, since I will be out of the office for the next few weeks...(AMA motocross finals and VIR next week) I can't help you even though I would be more than happy to. Ask for Jason (ext.102), and explain your situation. He is going to want to know who installed the lines (which shop) where your bought them from, and if the bike has had any "trauma" to it since installation. He should be able to help you out no problem, and make sure you are 100% happy with your brake lines. We are open from 8am pst to 5pm pst.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the shop and showed the parts guys at the shop, and they called Galfer yesterday.

Funny thing is, it seemed as though they knew exactly where the problem was / is w/o much explanation.

The biggest problem is I have to take them back off and send them into them for the warranty stuff. I don't mind though. I bought two sets, for two bikes, I will just have to wait to put the other set on.

Racer 51, too bad, I live in VA, but I have State Doubles racquetball tourney the weekend of VIR, or I could just bring them to you there, but, I have the opportunity to make $1500 for the weekend or spend $300, so, you know which way I went (have to buy more goodies you know).

I will call him and get everything together that I need to, and I installed them, and there has been nothing wrong with the bike ever, and absolutely no "trauma" :) I love this thing!!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
RCracer51 said:
Call our office directly. 1-800-685-6633, since I will be out of the office for the next few weeks...(AMA motocross finals and VIR next week) I can't help you even though I would be more than happy to. Ask for Jason (ext.102), and explain your situation. He is going to want to know who installed the lines (which shop) where your bought them from, and if the bike has had any "trauma" to it since installation. He should be able to help you out no problem, and make sure you are 100% happy with your brake lines. We are open from 8am pst to 5pm pst.

Hey Sergio we'll be out at VIR we'll have to get togther, and I can give you that bottle of cream for jason. Should help with his rash problem [smilie=b:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I ordered a set and had the same exact problem- Galfer sent another set and told the mechanics at the shop to torque down the screw to 6lbs of torque and that it should be monitored- I ended up passing on the Galfer set altogether and going with Goodridge...I didn't like the idea of maintenence of brake lines......the Goodridge have been problem free and the brakes feel better than stock.
This was my experience...if you can get the Galfer's working- I hear they're very good.
Good luck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lines are great, and I really like them.

I truly don't think where they are leaking from could have anything with how much they were torqued to, but I know they were torqued correctly, all the bolts, as I followed the instructions word for word.

I have a snap on Micrometer torque wrench with all the correcto crows feet, so there is no need for calculations for extended length or anything.

I am sure that it was just one of those things, as defects happen EVERYWHERE!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts